TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running one of these? Its really small, which I like since I only have a 5' bed. But there should be room for a few tools, straps, chainsaw and chains.

Any photos would be great!!

linky

·
Registered
750 Posts
Which one? too many options...

The only UWS items are the two at the bottom - carrier or ladder rack?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which one? too many options...

The only UWS items are the two at the bottom - carrier or ladder rack?
Ha... i guess the link goes all the way thru with out changing the address...

Its the TBS-63-SL

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thats a pretty nice box. The only thing is that I have a DC and it would make that bed WAY short.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I have, this box is only 12" wide and sits above the wheel well, all you really loose is a 5"*12" section of bed, but still room to lock up the neccessary items.

·
Registered
260 Posts
True looks like ill have to get into it. It says 05-07 models but I wonder if it would fit the 01-04 models.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
68 Posts
How do you bolt anything down to these new composite beds? You can't just reach underneath the lip of the bed like an older truck and slap on a wrench.

Any clues besides a self-tapping screw? I'd prefer the bolt method myself.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
How do you bolt anything down to these new composite beds? You can't just reach underneath the lip of the bed like an older truck and slap on a wrench.
Any clues besides a self-tapping screw? I'd prefer the bolt method myself.
Ozark-Toyota has got a mounting kit, $30 ish, that will fit into the cargo rail. A lot of folks will take about a 1" wide strip of steel and tap it to use as a mounting.

Hey John:
The UWS box looks like a great option. I went another route, found one of the boxes that is supposed to be mounted sidesaddle-lengthwise on the bed rail clearanced at home depot dirt cheap(somebody had tweaked the lid, figured for the money I would give it a try:rolleyes: )
anyway, mounted it crossways on the cargo rail and supported the bottom with some unistrut. I was able to mount the Hi lift under it (supported by some steel plate on the inside. I like this option because I can use it with the canopy on or off. I am going to pull the lid off to straighten it out..

~Robb
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
good call on the canopy option. I really dont want to have to buy one, so maybe over the rail will be better :D

I need to build a cardboard mockup of the slimline box to see if I can fit what I need to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts