TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 92 toy 4x4.5sp....used 112,000 on it awhile ago , and the crank seal was toast ...pouring oil , replaced it , i did the heads because of burnt valve guides and 6 valves being cracked. that cured the head problems, but it still burns oil in two cylinders, (plugs fouling) the compression is even on all cylinders.
I'm thinking that the oil control rings may be gummed up, and not clearing the walls of excess oil on the down stroke of the piston. i really do not want to do a lower end but may have to...unless some one has an idea of something that i can squirt in the clyinder to loosen the gummed up oil control rings...

any ideas on this one?

thank you for any help on this...BTW it does run very strong on fresh plugs..

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Sounds like time for a rebuild....or ditch the 3.0 for another motor.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
4x4offroader said:
I bought a 92 toy 4x4.5sp....used 112,000 on it awhile ago , and the crank seal was toast ...pouring oil , replaced it , i did the heads because of burnt valve guides and 6 valves being cracked. that cured the head problems, but it still burns oil in two cylinders, (plugs fouling) the compression is even on all cylinders.
I'm thinking that the oil control rings may be gummed up, and not clearing the walls of excess oil on the down stroke of the piston. i really do not want to do a lower end but may have to...unless some one has an idea of something that i can squirt in the clyinder to loosen the gummed up oil control rings...

any ideas on this one?

thank you for any help on this...BTW it does run very strong on fresh plugs..

It's definitely time to rebuild it! If the heads are good, just pull the engine and have it rebuilt. I guess you'll save money since you've already done the heads, haha. Honestly though, you're probably gonna spend more on a rebuild than you would on a 350. However, w/ a 350 you're gonna need a new trans and t-case. OR, you could get a 4.3. Just a few options for you. Peace, Wes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts