TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it would be possible to swap a 4th gen. runner v-8 into a new tacoma? I ask because i know they share a lot of componets and are practically the same frame. How much fab would be needed if i can get the entire v-8 drivetrain as well as the computers+wireing for it. Any help would be nice.

· Registered
195 Posts

· Registered
2,031 Posts
It's not the same frame. The 4Runner's frame is boxed and is based off the Prado. Also, is it really worth the effort when the 4.0 is almost as powerful as the 4.7? This is coming from someone who has a 4Runner with the V8. Keep the 4.0 and be happy. It would be cheaper if you would just supercharge it with the URD setup. Much better gains too..

· Registered
195 Posts
KANEMAN23 said:
It's not the same frame. The 4Runner's frame is boxed and is based off the Prado. Also, is it really worth the effort when the 4.0 is almost as powerful as the 4.7? This is coming from someone who has a 4Runner with the V8. Keep the 4.0 and be happy. It would be cheaper if you would just supercharge it with the URD setup. Much better gains too..
+1 on that idea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.