TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got one in their truck? if so, got any pics of the install? i was about to install one in my audi but i ended up selling the car. i'm thinking about putting one in the truck. also, is it worth the money?

*if you haven't heard... www.valentineone.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have one and it is a life saver as far as speeding tickets ;) It is the only one to get. V-1 just put out an update, sent the unit back in for the update, got it back in a flash. That is service!

I just have it suction cupped to the windshield just under the mirror, cig lighter for power. I will eventually run a power wire down from the map lights above the mirror and do away with the cig lighter wire clutter...

The unit finds radar in all directions. One tip keep it out of sight when you park. I have had mine stolen out of the center compartment while servicing at the toyota dealer... I made them pay me for a new one. Sent V-1 the serial so if the thieves want to get something for it, V-1 will confiscate it :)

Don't wait BUY IT NOW! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Juicy Jaos said:
anyone got one in their truck? if so, got any pics of the install? i was about to install one in my audi but i ended up selling the car. i'm thinking about putting one in the truck. also, is it worth the money?

*if you haven't heard... www.valentineone.com
I have one and love it. As for the install pics, visualize it clipped to the visor. LOL!

As for being worth the money, I think so. Speeding tickets are expensive.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
BTW to add. You can over drive the V-1 I was cruising one night up I-17-North at 110 MPH. In a flash there he was on the left side behind a bridge. He pulled me over then asked about my iPod siting near the gear shifter. We talked about the iPod for a few minutes, then he said hey slow down a bit, and left... So the V-1 is also a good luck charm ;)

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
desertdude said:
BTW to add. You can over drive the V-1 I was cruising one night up I-17-North at 110 MPH. In a flash there he was on the left side behind a bridge. He pulled me over then asked about my iPod siting near the gear shifter. We talked about the iPod for a few minutes, then he said hey slow down a bit, and left... So the V-1 is also a good luck charm ;)
The V1 is a very good detector, but having a radar detector does not make you immune to tickets. If you are out in front, or the only one out on the road, and the cop is using instant-on, you are done. You can also get busted for speeding in several ways that don't even involve radar.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
69 Posts
Speeding in a lifted 4x4?

Wha?

I have a hard enough time getting all 4 cylinders to get me up to speed, much less go 110 mph!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am a bad bad... can't really feel the speed in the desert. I have since slowed down on the speeding thing. I think it has alot to do with the V-1 and how much we are being watched on the road. Plus I am trying to live longer :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input. i think i'm going to get one and try it out after all. as for the "instant-on" laser problem, i'm going to look into the Lidatek (www.lidatek.com). i still don't know what to do about instant-on radar.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Juicy Jaos said:
thanks for the input. i think i'm going to get one and try it out after all. as for the "instant-on" laser problem, i'm going to look into the Lidatek (www.lidatek.com). i still don't know what to do about instant-on radar.
For instant-on radar, you hope to catch the bounces from the cop zapping people in front of you. Luckily here in CA the highway patrol uses Ka band radar. With the V1 there are virtually never false alarms on the Ka band, so even if it chirps up for a second and then stops, you can be assured that radar is in use somewhere nearby.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
While heading to Death Valley Daze 05 last weekend. I drove up 95 out of Vegas crossed over to Big Pine on 168. A small paved state road winding through the Mts. My V.1 went off and I almost ignored it, sure enough here comes the CHP. a few mile later again the V.1 goes off, and again I wanted to ignore it, thinking why would I find radar in this outback high Mt. road. Sure enough here he comes CHP # 2. I figured they were on the way to the cottontail ranch for donuts :D Moral of the story always trust the V.1 even on a windy Mt. road ..( how do it know) :cool:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
desertdude said:
I have one and it is a life saver as far as speeding tickets ;) It is the only one to get. V-1 just put out an update, sent the unit back in for the update, got it back in a flash. That is service!

I just have it suction cupped to the windshield just under the mirror, cig lighter for power. I will eventually run a power wire down from the map lights above the mirror and do away with the cig lighter wire clutter...

The unit finds radar in all directions. One tip keep it out of sight when you park. I have had mine stolen out of the center compartment while servicing at the toyota dealer... I made them pay me for a new one. Sent V-1 the serial so if the thieves want to get something for it, V-1 will confiscate it :)

Don't wait BUY IT NOW! :D
Did you notice anything different after the update? I was thinking about sending mine in for it, but I am not sure if I can go w/o the V1.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
drinkintedbr said:
Did you notice anything different after the update? I was thinking about sending mine in for it, but I am not sure if I can go w/o the V1.
Go to the website and plug in your serial number. It will tell you what you have vs. what is available.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mike said:
For instant-on radar, you hope to catch the bounces from the cop zapping people in front of you. Luckily here in CA the highway patrol uses Ka band radar. With the V1 there are virtually never false alarms on the Ka band, so even if it chirps up for a second and then stops, you can be assured that radar is in use somewhere nearby.

Later,
....Mike

oh yeah, that's right. good point.

·
Registered
216 Posts
How much did they charge to upgrade to the POP version? I bought mine about 3 years ago. I think they usually want a lot of money to upgrade!
ac

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
avc8130 said:
How much did they charge to upgrade to the POP version? I bought mine about 3 years ago. I think they usually want a lot of money to upgrade!
ac
Go to the website and plug in your serial number. It will tell you what you need to get it up to date and what it will cost. If you are current except for POP, I believe it's about $55.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Mike said:
Go to the website and plug in your serial number. It will tell you what you have vs. what is available.

Later,
....Mike
I did, and it said I need a $61.50 upgrade. I was just wondering if it was a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
avc8130 said:
ac
It was $61.50 with shipping added in there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts