Front range offroad crossmember and beefed skid
fresh 5.29 gears and new Spartan lockers front and rear
Longfield birfs, 30 spline axle, and hub gears
Trailgear Crossover steering and new IFS box
new clutch/pressure plate,TO bearing and pilot bearing
1.5" wheel spacers
35" BFG KM2's
63" chevy springs out back
4" springs up front (have 2 sets of rear springs for a future RUF conversion)
Tube bed with aluminum boxes,led rear tail lights
It is a daily driver/trail rig.will cruise at 70 or so with no issues on highway.

the only thing that bugs me is the 22r, but im in florida and our hills are not anything crazy, but what angles does it take to stall a carb?

Crapatalk

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well hes not budging off 5k and I just told him that I would take it for 5 as long as everything is good when I go to check it out.

Crapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well hes not budging off 5k and I just told him that I would take it for 5 as long as everything is good when I go to check it out.

Crapatalk
I would not pay $5000 for this truck. The seller should have done a decent paint job, make the body parts "cherry." Maybe show him cash, he consider lower price. Also, test out 4WD and check out other things, and obviously ask why is he selling truck.:D

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
$5000 does seem high. I've seen what sound like comparable trucks on craigslist from $2500-4000. For $5000 I would expect a cleaner body or better build, like air locker(s), efi, sliders, maybe a fresh or rebuilt motor.

If you actually consider buying it for close to his asking price make sure he has receipts for the parts he claims it has, look closely at the quality of fab work that's been done.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I agree seems high. I see trucks all over the country going for less or that price with way more parts in them. I'd check the lockers make sure it all locks up, definetly ask for receipts or emails confirming the parts were bought. Double check that "70 mph with no issue's" statement. You'll be able to tell fast if it has 4.7's in it and see where the "long fields" where bought from. If it had a 22re, marlin parts and a different style of lockers I'd say 5k was reasonable. Way it sits now I personally wouldn't pay more then 3,500. IMO

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$5000 does seem high. I've seen what sound like comparable trucks on craigslist from $2500-4000. For $5000 I would expect a cleaner body or better build, like air locker(s), efi, sliders, maybe a fresh or rebuilt motor.

If you actually consider buying it for close to his asking price make sure he has receipts for the parts he claims it has, look closely at the quality of fab work that's been done.

I agree seems high. I see trucks all over the country going for less or that price with way more parts in them. I'd check the lockers make sure it all locks up, definetly ask for receipts or emails confirming the parts were bought. Double check that "70 mph with no issue's" statement. You'll be able to tell fast if it has 4.7's in it and see where the "long fields" where bought from. If it had a 22re, marlin parts and a different style of lockers I'd say 5k was reasonable. Way it sits now I personally wouldn't pay more then 3,500. IMO
Damn are you guys really finding trucks built like this for 3500? I havent even see a trucknlike this for sale, thats why I have no clue what to pay for it.

I actually think im going to pass on it being that he wont budge off 5k. As far as the parts go I have pics of the dual cases but thats the only proof of any of the parts that he told me about and hes said nothing about a rebuild.

Crapatalk

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and the guy just backed out of the deal before i could, said he has to much money into it to sell if for this cheap.

·
Registered
311 Posts
and the guy just backed out of the deal before i could, said he has to much money into it to sell if for this cheap.
WTF? Now he wants more than $5000 if going sell? He better get his shit together if he wants more money. No fawking way he will get more money the shape his truck is in now!:D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WTF? Now he wants more than $5000 if going sell? He better get his shit together if he wants more money. No fawking way he will get more money the shape his truck is in now!:D
not sure he even wants to sell now. Were gonna be wheeling in the same area in july, im gonna bring 5k with me and buy it on the spot :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
not sure he even wants to sell now. Were gonna be wheeling in the same area in july, im gonna bring 5k with me and buy it on the spot :D
Good luck with that. Bring some "friends" with you in case get "problems" when trying to buy the truck!;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here around South Carolina you cant hardly find a nice truck like this for 3k to 5k. Most are beat to hell high mileage and rust everywhere for like 3k. I've been very tempted to get a truck from the west coast. They seem so so so nice for a great price.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts