TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really sucks airing down in the winter, I'm too cheap to buy Stauns, so I stole an idea from the genius that is SteveO and copied what he had done.

1. Select your most useless screwdriver that has a nice big grip on it,
  2. cut the tip off,
  3. cut the valve core wrench thing a ma jigger off of your valve core multi tool,
  4. bond the valve core wrench thing a ma jigger on the end of the screwdriver,
  5. realize on your next run that you really, really needed that screwdriver, possibly.
  6. Always keep spare valve cores on hand in case they take off into a snowbank.
I'm sure these can be bought, but I've never found one, and it's more fun to grind/cut in your living room.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I found one almost like that (little longer) in Japan last year, cost about $2.
My buddies were looking at me like WTF you come all the way over here to buy a tire deflator? I've never seen a long handled one around here, only the small deflation tools.

Tim

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
mudferret said:
It really sucks airing down in the winter, I'm too cheap to buy Stauns, so I stole an idea from the genius that is SteveO and copied what he had done.

1. Select your most useless screwdriver that has a nice big grip on it,
  2. cut the tip off,
  3. cut the valve core wrench thing a ma jigger off of your valve core multi tool,
  4. bond the valve core wrench thing a ma jigger on the end of the screwdriver,
  5. realize on your next run that you really, really needed that screwdriver, possibly.
  6. Always keep spare valve cores on hand in case they take off into a snowbank.
I'm sure these can be bought, but I've never found one, and it's more fun to grind/cut in your living room.

That's dumb.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Wouldn't cutting the valve stem with a pair of wire cutters acomplish the same thing?

·
Registered
119 Posts
97TacoDude said:
Wouldn't cutting the valve stem with a pair of wire cutters acomplish the same thing?
How are you going to stop the air from coming out then?? :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts