TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
I herad he finished 5 on saturday! BTW do you think with him being on the front page of the newspaper boosted his ego abit???

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Nice truck indeed, although I'm not surprised they had tranny issues with the tranny I heard they're running with that engine :eek: like a bulldog beating on a parakeet!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I talked with Dan at the race about the tranny issue. He runs about 300HP small block ford with a T5 trans. The trans should be able to hold up to the HP, built mustangs have more than that and 0 problems. There is something that is not lined up or this tranny is not at all able to handle any off road miles.

Each one has blown up different so it's hard to pin point what is causing them to shit the bed. Hell he even put a TKO trans in that truck and blew it up!!!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
TimF said:
I talked with Dan at the race about the tranny issue. He runs about 300HP small block ford with a T5 trans. The trans should be able to hold up to the HP, built mustangs have more than that and 0 problems. There is something that is not lined up or this tranny is not at all able to handle any off road miles.

Each one has blown up different so it's hard to pin point what is causing them to shit the bed. Hell he even put a TKO trans in that truck and blew it up!!!!!!

Sorry bud but a mustang driven on the street is a lot different than a truck racing in the desert. You're comparing apples to oranges.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
str8xedge said:
Sorry bud but a mustang driven on the street is a lot different than a truck racing in the desert. You're comparing apples to oranges.
No shit, wow thanks for the info!

I was refering to the amount of HP and TQ not the vehicle it's in. Obviously there is a problem if it blows up after 6 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
AllJumpStyle
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing