TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us that missed the Rising Sun Toyota swap meet, I think it would be cool for a bunch of us to get together somewhere to sell our parts before the weather gets really bad. Small scale compared to the Rising Sun, but I have a lot of stuff I need gone before winter. Anyone else think this would be a good idea??

·
Registered
17 Posts
good idea

Sounds good, Slee would be a good place to have this or one of the other local Toyota fixing places. Maybe ATLR by the fair grounds

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
494 Posts
....idea, and this is just an idea, lay out all the parts you have to get rid of on the garage floor like you would at the swap meet....take a pic......it will be an like an online swap meet...........just an idea

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
....idea, and this is just an idea, lay out all the parts you have to get rid of on the garage floor like you would at the swap meet....take a pic......it will be an like an online swap meet...........just an idea
That's a good Idea. I can also ask Matt Goosman if we could do it at his place. It's in Parker and would be middle for Co Springs and then the Northerners..

Plus it would be a good chance to mingle, drink a beer, and catch up!

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Actually, that's a great idea, then people would only have to shlep what people are interested in. Could facilitate 3way trades etc.

OR, we could get a scrap dealer to drop off a dumpster and just fill it up with what doesn't trade/sell and split the proceeds.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
eh.... though a big event might be nice to drag everyone out in the springtime?? we put together a swap meet a few years ago that we held at jefferson county fairgrounds. we made a few mistakes and didn't spend as much time planning as we should have but it might be worth considering to do again?? especially if we give ourselves several months to track down a good location and let people start saving up parts even more???

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like that idea, I was thinking something to offer to people outside this site. I think that the more people that know about it, the more stuff we can sell. I like the idea of going on a bit larger scale like tacotoy mentioned. We just need a good large parking lot or something to have it in. Heritage Square has 2 really big lots that would be perfect. Would probably have to get permission/pay for use, but would not be too much.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Im in I have a few random things left over from a part out. Keep me posted and if I'm off work I'll be their.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
eh we made quite the event of it before.... had burgers dogs and brats, a live band and raffle prizes going on as well.... our big downfall was just not as many people brought stuff for the swapping....

jeremy was a huge help with the last one, maybe he might be up for it again. i know i would be more than happy to help again... but like i said, spring, lol no one wants to stand around outside when its cold....

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, and possibly we could do something with Slee too! Or maybe they could donate a location to so it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts