• Allow non sponsors to sell products

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in the past we have had some drama on this board pertaining to vendors posting in the for sale thread. No where that I can find does it outline what our policy as a chapter is. We can have our own or follow the national guidlines.

I need to know what you guys want to have as the rule on vendors so this doesnt happen again. Please vote in the poll and post up your imput. The winner in two weeks will be what is posted in a sticky atop the for sale thread and enforced as the rule.

Option 1 is to follow the National guidelines and only let sponsors of TTORA pimp their products on the colorado board.

Option 2 is to let businesses, whether they are a sponsor or not pimp their products on our board.

Let the discussion begin.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Voted. If your a CO vendor you need to pay to post on the national board. Just cause its posted only in CO doesnt mean people searching for that exact part wont see it and contact you. I have had it happen a bunch of times. So i feel if its available to everyone on the national board it needs to fall under those rules.

·
7,735 Posts
I don't really have an opinion either way. I see and agree with Scotty's point of view, he's right, it's cheap so why not?

But for arguments sake, what constitutes a 'product'?

If I make something from scratch (ie. bumper, skid, etc) it's easy.

If I have parts I want to get rid of, it doesn't sound like a 'product'.

What if I run a biz selling parts... is it a product?

What if I decide to buy a few vehicles and part them out for some spare cash, but don't intend on doing it for a living?

I use this specific example due to a specific issue that so far has been handled off board, but probably sparked this in the first place. I'm very happy this hasn't been brought to the board, but the question should at least be asked.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is only going to pertain to businesses, so if you aint making your living off it its ok. Product would be anything a business sells.

You are correct in what sparked this. I feel we need to pick a rule one way or the other so it cannt be modifed on the spot ect in the future and cause an issue.

Like Doug, I personally dont mind it being one way or the other, just want it to be clear wich way it is.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
If you are a company or have givin yourself a company name even if its not registered then what your company is selling is a product IMO. Registerd or not is something you take up with the IRS. If its registered then it is in fact a legit biz inthe eyes of the gov and the public. you are required to pay tax and all that jazz right? So it shouldnt matter if say joe shmoe's fab shop wants to sell custom fab bumpers or hotpockets. Its still being sold under the shops name and using a shop account on the forum.

If you wanted to part a few cars in your spare time then thats up to you. Its part of your hobbie then cool. Some hobbies are more then others but once you claim to be a biz then you fall under the rules. I think if your parting or fabbing in huge amounts like say 5-6 cars at once all the time parting more then one you should be held under the vendor rule. If its like 1-3 a year you should be fine just like the dealer requirements of the state.

my .02

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Not sure if you can limit voters to being Colorado only people. Just saying you might want to say only Current Colorado residents should be able to vote on this particular issue. I mean I would vote, but not very fair since I am not there to actively buy or not buy from a vendor in Colorado.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not to worried about outsiders throwing the vote on this one Molly.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Look at it like this. I am a paying vendor who "bought" the right to advertise on TTORA in general. Whether its a sub-chapter board or not. Isn't it a slap in the face that a company that is in the business of selling parts/product be allowed to advertise for free on this board when the National board would ban him for the same thing?

What reason would a legit company want to support the local board then?

$100 isn't that much money for a year's worth of advertising. In fact, a bronze star is only $75. Most companies make that on a single sale.

·
7,735 Posts
I couldn't agree more Scotty. And I'm fine with the definitions above as well.

Like I said.. I don't care either way, but a little clarification goes along ways.

And Molly. We may have lurkers from other states, but I have to believe they would understand this is a local chapter issue that's being handled by the local chapter.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
And Molly. We may have lurkers from other states, but I have to believe they would understand this is a local chapter issue that's being handled by the local chapter.

We MAY have lurkers from other states...they may decide to buy while they are lurking. ;)

If its not required to pay to post local then why would anyone want to pay at all. You could just make a name in each state and post local and have everything drop ship from another state and not pay a cent.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Heres a question,, What if Im making something for myself, but to make it a little cheaper for myself, I have to buy X amount of product to make what I want, so instead of making ONE, I can make say 20 of what ever it is.

I dont need 20 of them, can I post on here, saying I have 19 of ___ for sale at $ ___ ????

Not that I have anything for sale, but someone may want to make themself something, and have enough supplies to make a few more, and sell them...

would that persone be concidered a "vendor" or someone just helping out others ?

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If its not being done as a main source of income/buisiness then it is not a vendor. Admittedly this may bring up a gray area, but I dont forsee it being that much of an issue.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If its not being done as a main source of income/buisiness then it is not a vendor. Admittedly this may bring up a gray area, but I dont forsee it being that much of an issue.
ok very cool,,, not that Im talented enought to build/make anything, lol but Im sure someone at some point will want to make something for themself, and have enough supplies to make a couple more.

I agree though, as long as its not a main source of income or done as a "business" cause most times that situation will be few and far between.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Look at it like this. I am a paying vendor who "bought" the right to advertise on TTORA in general. Whether its a sub-chapter board or not. Isn't it a slap in the face that a company that is in the business of selling parts/product be allowed to advertise for free on this board when the National board would ban him for the same thing?

What reason would a legit company want to support the local board then?
This is a very good and valid point.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Ike, the one thing I would recommend so the For Sale section doesn't get too cluttered is to actually have a Vendor section.
Agreed and voted!

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ike, the one thing I would recommend so the For Sale section doesn't get too cluttered is to actually have a Vendor section.
Would have to talk to Shannon to get this done. Dont know that it is really needed right now, but it may be in the future.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
what about special stuff for the local guys??? i guess i am thinking to way back when, we used to have big get togethers with raffles. the money went to fund the club from the tickets and people had a chance to win something free.... just a thought

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
what about special stuff for the local guys??? i guess i am thinking to way back when, we used to have big get togethers with raffles. the money went to fund the club from the tickets and people had a chance to win something free.... just a thought
Scotty has donated Addicted Off Road items at the last 3 Colorado 4Runner Jamboree's. It's a big get together (probably one of the biggest Toyota based events in CO) with a raffle and all the money is donated to Stay the Trail.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts