TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody going to be selling a radius arm/coilover kit?

About a year ago I heard bentup was working on a kit for coilovers and waggy d44.

·
Registered
650 Posts
It is just too custom with too many variables for a full on complete kit. The cost itself for a coilover setup is $$$$$$$, so no one is interested. If you want, you can drop your truck off for a swap or we can fab most of the parts you need on a custom basis (coilover hoops, link mounts, arms, etc...) if you want to do the install yourself.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If youre near Chuck and AJ thats a great option, and theyve done em so they know the tricks. I also know that Offroad Solutions is working on a 3 link, with panhard kit. So if youre interested in that, call em up, bug em, tell em you want one. Oh, an tell em Brian at FROR sent ya!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chuck, I'm interested in mainly getting the radius arms, panhard bar and axle side mounting brackets. But I'm also thinking about going with airbags/shocks instead of coilovers. I'll shoot you an email in the near future.

Brian, the ORS kit sounds like what I'm waiting for, but since I'm local to bentup, I will probably go with them. On a side note...those diamond axles make me drool. I'm actually in the market for a new rear housing. Do you know of any empty taco elcoker housings for sale?

·
Registered
592 Posts
While the cost involved may be an issue, I don't know why an experienced shop such as yours or FROR couldn't do something similar to what Calmini has done for the Xterra/Frontiers. They've developed a completely bolt on setup for SAS that only requires the purchaser to provide their own axle and only requires welding to mount the axle-end tabs for the radius arms. I know the Tacoma is at a disadvantage due to the steering setup, but with enough R&D anything is possible. I can't speak as to the quality or durability of Calmini's products, but it certainly looks well thought out in photos. Anyway, I happy to see such an interest in doing SAS on Tacomas here on the forum, so with the growing interest maybe someone will develop a "true" bolt on kit for us.

·
Registered
237 Posts
IMO there is no real advantage to a bolt-on SAS system. A modification of that magnitude is very permanent and should be welded in order to be strong and durable. Removing the IFS subframe is a permanent modification that requires torching so then why not weld on the bracketry to hang the live axle since there is no way to feasibly go back to IFS?

Mikes 3-link kit with one of Brian's axles would be ideal as far as I'm concerned. Mike has some pictures up on the ORS site of the 3-link kit for the 85-94 trucks, it looks awesome and flexes like mad! I would way rather have a 3-link with panhard than a radius arm setup anyday...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts