TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I'm driving around and I notice something is not right with the truck. The problem is no matter what gear I shift into there will be no pick up and it will rev all the way to right about 4,000 rpms. I had a buddy of mine come by and take a look at it and the drive it and he thinks it's that the clutch is stuck and wouldn't go completely into gear. Anyone else had this problem before? The person I bought the truck from said that the clutch had been replaced around 100,000 but I dont have any paperwork. I am going to try putting a new clutch in friday night if that doesn't work what may it be? Any help would be appericated.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
My guess would be clutch. How long ago was 100,000 miles for your truck? This happened to my roommates car and it was the clutch going.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Have you tried bleeding the clutch slave? 40,000 miles on a new clutch seems a little premature for me to think it needs a new one!

but if the truck is/has been driven hard, I guess it could be a bad clutch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that was another thing that was he said to do. were gonna try that tomorrow and if that doesnt slove the problem we have the clutch to put in there.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Sounds like a bad clutch, or the throw out bearing is sticking on the input shaft. Do you get any strange noise when you put your foot on the clutch pedal, or any pulsing in the pedal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts