TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had noticed that sometimes when I would pull in somewhere and leave the car running for a minute after it was warmed up, especially with the A/C on - if I sat still in the driver's seat I would feel a little bit of what I'd call a stutter while the motor idled. I would say "shutter" but that seems to violent for what it really was. The RPMs wouldn't drop noticeably based on the tach, but through the floorboards I could feel a little tiny "miss" every once in a while.

I was running 87 Octane (this is in Colorado, where because of the altitude, 87 is supposedly equivalent to 89, 89 to 91, 91 to 93, etc - don't know if I buy that but it kinda makes sense).

Today I filled up with 91 octane (we only have 85, 87, 91 here) and after a little bit of driving I haven't noticed the stutter yet. I'm not sure on any power increase yet, but I'm pretty sure it was the increased octane that cause the stutter to go away. Not sure what was going on with the 87, possibly retarding the ignition to one cylinder every once in a while or something? I don't know but 91 seemed to work!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I had a buddy tell me that since our trucks are ODB2 it doesn't matter. But when I have 91 in the tank I can feel a definite difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts