TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 Excab TRD V6 man trans. Recent modifications: Downey coilovers @ 2.5" new polyurethane bushings in steering rack, replaced tierod ends, truck recently aligned to spec. 32in BFG on stock wheels. Truck rides super smooth up to 90+ MPH, I have noticed recently within the past couple months that when braking hard above 50MPH their is a vibration/shuddering that comes from the front end that I feel through the steering wheel. At speeds lower than 45-50 MPH there is little to any shudder. My guess is that the rotors are warped because their is no vibration except when braking. I had the rotors turned about 10,000 miles ago as well as new pads. What else would cause vibration while braking, any ideas? Oh yeah, truck has 63,000 miles on it and is used as a beach buggy during striper season (avoiding saltwater of course) resulting in a lot of undercarriage rinsing (including brakes).
Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Rotors are more than likely warped. You can also get the wheel cocked just a hair if you don`t tighten the lugnuts evenly. Take a little more time snugging them up evenly before torqueing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts