TTORA Forum banner

VIPER Alarm Removal Question

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  KANEMAN23 
#1 ·
I had a VIPER alarm installed on my 99' when it was new. When the remote took a shit about 5 years ago I stopped using it and simply disabled the alarm with the Valet switch. Well, everytime I would disconnect my battery and reconnect it was a hassle to disable and not to mention the alarm would sound for several minutes. I ended up removing all of the components in the engine compartment (Siren, ground wires, and etc) and worked my way to under the dash. The hacks at Circuit city had spliced into the main wiring harness and used nothing but electrical tape to hold the wires together. I ended removing the tape and doing a little neater job. I didn't have access to a solder gun so I only used Electrical tape... Is this O.K? Should I open it back up and use solder?

#4 ·
Electrical tape should hold up, as long as it's done neatly and is wrapped tightly.

Just go buy a soldering gun. They're like, $6.00 at WalMart and then spend $0.94 on a tube of rosin core solder. You may or may not need it for the project you're working on now, but I guarantee you will have a project in the future that calls for one.

I actually bought two tubes of solder. I used the entire first tube on practicing and getting the technique down on scrap wire and connectors.

#6 ·
Do you still have the remote, if it's like mine I may be interested in buying it..Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.