TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I know Volant has had it's own cold air intake box on the market for a few years but I just found that they actually have a functional attachment to the phony air scoops on the 05-07 tacos to make it "real Ram air."

They seem new..anyone have any real info on them...they run about 188 from Jegs and Jc Whittney

www.volant.com

The commerical is funny

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
interesting concept

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have there CIA on my 01 and it works fine, only complaint is the air box doesnt fit so im not using it. Ill get around to moding it soon but the base doesnt match my iner fender well. Its hitting a few fires from my HID's that i can move but it looks like the basic shape is a lil off, nothing a lil heat and hammer wont fix though. Instal is super simple.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
That intake attachment thing that Volant has does not connect to the fake Toyota hood scoop. It replaces the plastic trim piece that is between the radiator and the radiator core support where the hood latch is.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhh sneeky shits

·
Registered
100 Posts
ya i already called and asked them on that one, which is a shame but it would be kind of a pain in the ass to get it too hook up too the stock one. personally i bought the scoop, haven't thrown it on yet but i'll let you know what i think after i do. i also wrapped part of my intake tube with insulation tape and electrical tape too take out the gap between my box and the tube and cut the plastic piece off my hood scoop so at least some air can get in a keep the compartment a little cooler

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah makes sence....I think I'm gonna go the URD route now. I had the K&N but the issues of it letting in too much shit is way too aparent to me. But opening the fake blower is not a bad idea...i'd put some sort of baffle , sponge or redirection shirt in there....water will be flying the hell in big time!

·
Registered
369 Posts
looks interesting but I agree, its sneeky and would do nothing more than scoop water into your airbox. be careful

1 - 9 of 9 Posts