TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought me a new to me 2001 4 runner sr5 yesterday and I sure am glad I did. I love every single thing about it. I got to pushing buttons to see what everything did and I hit the button that had the drivetrain on it and it said vsc off in the instrument panel. So i went to look it up in the owners manual and found that there wasn't one in there(going back to get one from the dealer) so I have no idea what it is. So what exactly is vsc and what does it do? I tried to search on here and never could come up with a clear answer.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Tis a good feature for non offroad use. I have had it save me a bit a few times over. Once we were in the Ocala National Forest and cruising along a dirt road @ 45mph and came to a not so challenging S curve. well little did I know there was some soft sand awaiting us, the vsc acted quickly as computer systems do and kept me in control. Also will aid in no wheel spin when pulling onto a wet road. It will get you stuck if you are off the side of the highway and the grass is really muck! I had this happen when I first bought the truck and was working. It doesn't allow the engine to rev over 1000-1500rpm and uses the ABS to control the vehicle. Luckily theres a quick fix for this using a momentary switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts