what area should we hold a W.A.T?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
seems we are having a bit more interest in the topic of a Wrench a thon. Although money is tight as I am sure it is with everyone. I want to attempt to get one rolling soon. Marks idea for the badlands on the 21st seems like a good motivator as well.

what does everyone have to say about it?

Roll tide: make any progress on your project list? Codeman, I haven't heard from you in a bit, if it is easier just call me so we can discuss our local needs/options.

the kid needs work, just not sure what his budget is going to be for the time being. I'll be needing to run new air lines at the very least for my oba and I am sure there will be other projects as there always is such as a new ram install and steering bleed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm down to needing armor and axles. Driver side boot busted! Got the axles just need to install, and adjust front lift down a bit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you get into the water pump you might as well replace the timing belt as well or vice versa. No sense in tearing down the same parts twice.
1GR has timing chain, according to the manual, water pump replacement doesn't involve the timing gears. it has a lot of tiny hoses and bolts to be moved out of the way plus alternator and AC compressor.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry I automatically refer back to my 3rz when thinking about maintenance (bad habit I know). It has caused some issues working on the 22re new to the family already.

having a timing chain should make life a lot easier, one thing I don't like about my motor (lack of chain opposed to the belts)

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
how does the weekend of July 14 or 15th sound for a W.A.T? If good, confirm with type of work desired to be completed

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
which is better for the indy area "personell"? laskt9 is coming over that weekend so we might as well put together the W.A.T that weekend.

I just found some bad news on my truck, for the second or maybe third time the perverbal weak link in the ARB system reared it's ungly ahead again! the fitting on my front axle snapped again. last time I found one from local shop but I am going to have to order the parts this time. Not sure I will have them here in time. But I will have plenty of other work to do.

So at risk of being repetitive, what are we going to be working on and on which day?

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
so here it is, Wednesday the 11th, who is in for the Indy W.A.T this weekend?

what are we working on and what time? "Bueller? Bueller?" or should that be Codeman?Rolltide"Laskt9?Mumford?

I also need to know in case I need to pick up some welding gas, running low but I have some.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm a bit late... I've got what I assume to be an electrical gremlin when it comes to starting the truck. Starts fine for the most part then randomly I wont even get a click when turning the key.

Not sure, but I haven't really looked to hard into it.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm a bit late... I've got what I assume to be an electrical gremlin when it comes to starting the truck. Starts fine for the most part then randomly I wont even get a click when turning the key.

yea a bit late.LOL but all good.

with my truck in the past when I had a similar starting issue, I found that the battery cables were a little dirty or loose. try the simply things first.

I am going to be pretty busy this weekend, helping a friend with his pro stock car and family things, but if you are free on friday afternoon (tomorrow) I can help you look at it if you like.

I still need to locate and then install a partical wiring harness on my truck and some other minor things I would like to get done before it gets cold, maybe you and I can schedule a work day in the near future. My son also has some work to do on his truck as well.

·
1,860 Posts

had these same symptoms on my 4runner lately.... went to pull cables off battery and found the culprit......the positive post was loose and actually pulled outa the battery when i tryed to remove the cable.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm sure I need to replace or redo quite a few things from the PO and just being old. What time are we talking tomorrow afternoon? Trying to take advantage on some overtime this week and weekend.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Late afternoon I suppose. I work nights & sleep mornings (screwed up I know but what are ya go'n to do)

We should be able to at least find some possible problems and devise a game plan if nothing else

You remember how to get to the house?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ya I need to get a checklist together of items to be fixed. Seem to have lost your number in previous messages and don't want to roll up unannounced (think i know where the house is). I'll check back in an hour or so

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'll give you a call. I think I still have your number.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Good to see you agaIn yesterday. Good news, I am already getting started fabbing up the battery "cage". I'll let you know when I get it comPleted

21 - 36 of 36 Posts