TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just posted this on the main page and here it goes again.
Well Im new to this site, I moved to Colordo 2 years ago and havent done much wheeling. I seen this site has a CO chapter and figured it would be nice to get to know some of you so i can go wheeling when my junk is done.
This is my second 4 runner build, the first was two rigs ago. Since the first runner I built a sami and started a K5. I traded the sami for the K5 because I wanted more room and more power. So I put tons under the K5 and got it almost done then gas prices sky rocketed I paniced and parted out the K5.

Thats when I decided to build another runner.
The plan was to keep it with the stock drive train and SAS.
(22re,5speed,duals,5:29s,lockers and 37's)
While trying to sell my 1 tons so I could build my yota axles I stumbled across a deal on ebay. D44 and D70 with 5:89's and ARB's for $1200.00.
Its almost ready to drive now all I need is to get the rear shocks and bump stops mounted.
Heres the latest pic before pulling into the garage to build shock hoops and bump stops.
front view on ramp (Small).JPG

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. Thanks for the props on the rig it's coming along.:D
Heres a couple more pics.
pass side on ramp fenders cut (Small).JPG

random pic in front of the house 1 (Small).JPG

·
7,735 Posts
Links to attachments appear to be broken, might just be me tho.. you might want to check out photobucket.com

Anyways.. welcome look forward to seeing you on the trail.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The storage for the attachment is pretty small so I deleted some pics. i have been banned from photo bucket for some odd reason.
Anyways the pics are back up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like you need to check out Volcom's first gen fender trimming thread to get some more compression travel!
Ill do a search for the thread. Im pretty much where I want to be as far as compression goes. That right there is where the front springs just start a negetive arch. The rear could probably come up another inch though.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I've replied on your thread on CO4x4 but I'll say it again, nice rig!

Nice to see a well built pre-carnage 1st gen 4Runner :D I'll be tin-canned after this season, trust me (if you follow me :D)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Again,
As far as it being tin canned thats O.K. thats what its for. Im actually contemplating a partial exo just around the cab to keep the windshield frame carnage free. Problem is I dont care for exo's and the body's not cherry.
On the plus side I might be picking up a 87 SR5 4 runner with a blown head gasket. Itll be a DD / Spare.
What size tires you running?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Thanks Again,
As far as it being tin canned thats O.K. thats what its for. Im actually contemplating a partial exo just around the cab to keep the windshield frame carnage free. Problem is I dont care for exo's and the body's not cherry.
On the plus side I might be picking up a 87 SR5 4 runner with a blown head gasket. Itll be a DD / Spare.
What size tires you running?
I was thinking of doing the same thing on mine and having an internal cage for the rear and tying the two together. I've scrapped the idea and am going to just run an internal cage. I've already hit the driver's side A pillar on several rocks but nothing bad enough to break a windshield.

I'm running 39.5x13.5x15 Iroks (or as TC likes to call them, 40's :neener:) on Toyota axles F&R. I'll upgrade to 1 tons in the next couple of years.

Let me know when you want to come down to Penrose and run Patriot!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts