TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not use any fuel additives. I have heard some people curse them and some swear by them but now at my local walmart you can get the additive directly from the gas pump. anybody know anything about this junk? is it worth my hard earned $1.99? I don't think i trust it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Personally, I do think additives work, but choose wisely. That gum-out crap that wal-mart lets you put with the gas probably doesn't do much. I'd get you some seafoam or some higher end additive off the shelf, and put it in yourself. You'll get better results, plus you actually know how much of the stuff you are actually getting.

·
Registered
670 Posts
What is Seafoam?? I've never heard or seen it anywhere around here(Maryland)

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
augator said:
I do not use any fuel additives. I have heard some people curse them and some swear by them but now at my local walmart you can get the additive directly from the gas pump. anybody know anything about this junk? is it worth my hard earned $1.99? I don't think i trust it.
Im assuming your talking about fuel injector cleaners. I used redline fuel injector cleaner every time i change my oil and my truck always seems to be happy when i use it. My local toyota dealer sells it for $5. Whats $5 between oil changes anyway, its cheap maintence.

·
Registered
670 Posts
04robbie, Thanks for the site

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you use anything use a high quality additive like TECHRON, you might need to take out a loan for the $7.99 asking price,but there is usually a rebate attached for $2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts