TTORA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the 190, truck wont fire. Tried cranking it about 10 times until the battery started to die. Pulled off the feed line hose from the fuel plate, cranked over truck, no gas coming out. Pulled everything out of the tank again, checked all connections, etc it all looks good. Pump is making noise for about 2 seconds after I get done cranking the truck over, but then it stops. So what am I missing here?

HELP!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok...WEIRD!

I pulled off the fuel line that connects the pump to the zinc plated hardline in the pump housing...gas was in the pump. Ok, so I know it's working.

So I decided to switch out the stock piece of toyota fuel line and use the supplied piece of fuel line that came with the kit. I didnt use it in the first place because the toyota line looked like it was in fine shape and it was already cut to the right length...seemed like no big deal. So anyway, after I switched the lines out I put it all back in the tank, hooked up the feed and return lines and started the truck...it fired right up. WTF?

My guess is that the stock piece of toyota fuel hose somehow was stopping the flow of fuel between the pump and the hard line...I noticed that it was a softer compound and it deformed alot more when I hoseclamped it...possibly making some sort of air bubble in there that was enough pressure to stop the fuel flow....??? strange.

Anyway, hopefully this will help someone else out in the future!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.