TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not a rant, haha.

Scored one from my brothers friend for 200 bucks wrapped in box. Took me about an hour and a half, but due to some misconceptions that didn't really do anything but make me lay there thinking, there really wasn't any serious problem. I could redo it in a half hour to 45 min.

Two main complaints:
-Instructions suck ass (if you wann call the single page that)
-The head pipe end that goes around the stock pipe you cut (says 16.5" toward engine from muffler) balloons out a little too much to have a tight fit for no leakage. Probably 3/32" too much extra space if you go by the pipe diameter. So I was crankin the rachet on those clamps pretty damn hard.

So my leak isnt too bad, doesn't make any noise at least (that I have noticed after observing it at idle). I'll probably grind out like an 1/8" slit out of it and reclampt it to see if it connects/seals better. Maybe a little JB Weld in too.

Plus':
-Not excessively loud
-Tip is detachable (I'll probably take it off)
-Sounds reasonably well (listened to it as my friend layed on it in the parking lot)
-Welds and fit were all pretty good quality (with the main exception of the pipe issue above)

They should also tell you to cut 2" or so less off the stock pipe.

Figured I'd let ya'all know what I thought.

Oh yeah, I'm getting 30mpgs and a 86mps booste in acceleration.

·
Registered
49 Posts
wow 30 mpg... 3.4 or 2.7 or 2.4. and what other mods do you have on your truck?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, dude I was joking. No, as far as I know nothing has happened at all. I was just making fun of all of these exhausts and k n saying 'up to 15% increse in fues economy...gains of nearly 10 hp!'

But I might, well hope to see a slight increase in gas mileage because I saefoamed vacuum, oil, and changed the plugs on saturday I think it was.

I pulled th tip off earlier, dont like flashy shit on my truck.

Oh yeah, I have a 99 prerunner TRD V6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts