TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to install a switch to disable the DRLs on an '04 Tacoma? I like having the DRLs, but when I am pulling up to a checkpoint or out hunting I want to turn them off.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Anyone know how to install a switch to disable the DRLs on an '04 Tacoma? I like having the DRLs, but when I am pulling up to a checkpoint or out hunting I want to turn them off.
TSB EL11-00 jsut put switch in the line on the DRL relay its connector D8 pin #2. the TSB shows a 2000 tacoma not sure if different on other years.

hope this helps

·
Registered
565 Posts
From the cheap tricks section:
http://www.mor4wd.com/

May not work for an 04, as described, because of different wiring, but gives you and idea of what to do if you can find an 04 wiring diagram :welder: .

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
I believe the actual wire is the same, but for some reason the high beam indicator will come on when you start the truck. If you flick the high beams on and off, it will turn off.

When the switch is wired up, you have to start the truck with it in the off positon to not have the DRLs come on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts