TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I bought a 13 regular cab 4x4 pre owned. I belive it has a a 2" lift however not 100%

It has bilstein 5100's on the back assuming the same on front... they are bilstein as well. Not sure if it has add a leaf on rear don't see any spacers or blocks ect. On the back or front. Will try to post some pictures soon should help. It also has Discovery a/t 265/75/16 I believe and Helo wheels. If not a major pita I want the lift removed and factory wheels and tires... would like to trade my wheels/ tires for factory not sure what I will do with the lift?

Can I use the 5100's and get it back to factory height? New springs? Remove leaf if it was added? I know it's difficult to help without pics and better idea what may be on it.

KF

·
Registered
264 Posts
Don't insult the people your asking advice from. Your new and they are having a little fun. I'm guessing you front is lifted 1.5 inches or so. Leveled to the back because it doesn't look messed with. You could drop the front to stock height by paying a shop to pull the shock throw them on a spring compressor, lower the spring bucket, reassemble, then put it on the alignment rack. So about 2-3 hundred bucks later. Your truck came with silver painted steel wheels and 245/75r16 tires. I'm sure if you toss what you have in the classifieds some one will straight up trade.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Normally lift shocks are a little longer on the back to account for lift while giving similar suspension travel. The ones on my 99 are (they are 5100's for a 99 Tacoma). So if you leave a longer shock on and put it back to stock height, you'll bottom out the back end regularly.

You can probably find stock springs/shocks for relatively cheap. But you'll have to look. The TRD springs are normally nicer. I dont know about the 05+ Tacoma's, but the 98-04's were progressive on the TRD, rides a bit better, keep your sway bar on (more body roll with no bar and progressive). Non TRD were linear. Front coils, that is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts