TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a complete fan shroud for my 97 V6 Tacoma....it's not critical, but if anyone has one that's underfoot, I'll get it out of your way. Cheers.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
go electric..... then you wont need one :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
What year tacos are compatible? I have mine from my '02 V6

·
Registered
4,793 Posts

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What year tacos are compatible? I have mine from my '02 V6
It took me some time, but the information that I found says that they're the same part number for manual transmissions 96-04. Mine's a manual, how about yours?

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
psh i think i spent like 60 bucks on mine total and 20 of that was stainless hardware to mount it :D
That sounds pretty good, I was taking more of a recycling attitude though. I'm not being required to replace mine. I'd still be interested in checking out your set-up some time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It took me some time, but the information that I found says that they're the same part number for manual transmissions 96-04. Mine's a manual, how about yours?
Mine is a manual tranny. But would you be interested in buying my flexilite fan setup? I am trading my truck in but found out yesterday that the truck I want won't be here for a little while so I have time to get rid of some more of the add-ons I have that don't affect the trade-in value...make an offer if you are interested.

I am willing to sell my old shroud cheap...like $15 but let's wait and see what happens with the electric fan conversion first...and in the mean time have you seen these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RADIATOR-FAN-SHROUD-toyota-TACOMA-95-04-cooling-truck_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33600QQihZ014QQitemZ330105824697QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems to me that waiting is reasonable. I don't really need a new shroud, mine has simply been cracked, (for that last ten years) and thought that there might be a few folks like you who have one cluttering their garage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Seems to me that waiting is reasonable. I don't really need a new shroud, mine has simply been cracked, (for that last ten years) and thought that there might be a few folks like you who have one cluttering their garage.
Well, it is clutter, and had I seen a need like yours before I started all the maneuvering to get a new truck I would have just given it to you...I found out that the Tundra I thought was being delivered wasn't equipped the way I wanted so I will be waiting some more for it. If I end up selling the electric fan setup I will need my old shroud, if not I will contact you to see if you still need it and just give it to you...the $15 was so I would have a little towards buying one in the event I needed it later so if you can wait it will be free.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sound good to me, I'm not going anywhere. Good luck with the Tundra, those things are crazy sweet. Do whatever works best for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts