TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a set of at least kinda straight doors. I want to make half doors out of them, so paint damage or minor dents and such are no biggie. Obviously, things like the window or doorlocks don't need to be functional, and interior trim is unneccesary.

I have been looking at my local U-pulls, but I just about had a coronary. One of the u-pulls wanted $500 PER DOOR! the other wanted $650 for a set. I can go to the dealer and buy brand new factory door shells for $280 a piece.

I have a '98 tacoma, so I'm looking for something in the '95.5-'03 range, I believe.

And these u-pulls were in Corvallis and Albany. If you know a place where I can get them way cheaper, then that'd work too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So would I, except that tube doors don't keep dropped small things, such as cell phones, iPods, GPS, etc, from bouncing right out the door and under the tires. If I can remotely justify half doors, that's what I want to do in order to beat that problem.

·
Registered
434 Posts
theres a pick a part in lebanon that had a few toyotas the year your look at. i didnt ask them the price but everything i bought there was cheep cheep cheep. look them up. hope that helps

·
Registered
412 Posts
Aurelius said:
So would I, except that tube doors don't keep dropped small things, such as cell phones, iPods, GPS, etc, from bouncing right out the door and under the tires. If I can remotely justify half doors, that's what I want to do in order to beat that problem.
Sheet metal, fab skills, and a overactive imagination could come up with a nice set of lower door skins that could work fine with the tube doors I think.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, but I have neither metal fab skills, nor proficient design skills. I could get my cousin-in-law to do the fab, but I'd need to have at least a couple of pictures or designs to give him the right idea.

Anyone got any?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts