TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already swap out your stock 4.10's so you could plow through mud with those big 33's?

Don't just let your old gears rot away on your shop floor, donate them to the less fortunate who received 3.58's and go-cart tires from the factory and want a little more umph to push around their new puny 31's.

Gears for the poor!

anyone willing to donate or sell me their old 4.10's for a modest fee please drop me a line.

thank you

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Grumpy,

what would you want for them?

·
Registered
172 Posts
SupaTaco said:
Already swap out your stock 4.10's so you could plow through mud with those big 33's?

Don't just let your old gears rot away on your shop floor, donate them to the less fortunate who received 3.58's and go-cart tires from the factory and want a little more umph to push around their new puny 31's.

Gears for the poor!

anyone willing to donate or sell me their old 4.10's for a modest fee please drop me a line.

thank you
I'm swapping over to 4.56's pretty soon (next few weeks - everything is on order now). When I do, I'll have a complete front diff w/ 4.10's (ADD - non manual) that has about 128k miles on it (I run Royal Purple though) and a rear open diff (200mm for a TRD rear axle) that has 4.10's and only about 15k on it total.

I'd let both go for $300 + shipping.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys,

i know i'm being that type of guy you proably all flame on here.. but i've done some more research on the complexity of a gear install.

i had wrongly assumed it would proably be about as complicated as replacing a trans-axle or something, just pull the retaining clip and replace.

my fault for not doing my homework

If this is as complicated as i'm being told and if i'm going to have to have this done by a shop, i don't think i can justify going with 4.10's. i woulde prefer to only do this once.

i may consider a set of 4.30's or 4.56's

thanks and sorry

·
Registered
741 Posts
SupaTaco said:
thanks guys,

i know i'm being that type of guy you proably all flame on here.. but i've done some more research on the complexity of a gear install.

i had wrongly assumed it would proably be about as complicated as replacing a trans-axle or something, just pull the retaining clip and replace.

my fault for not doing my homework

If this is as complicated as i'm being told and if i'm going to have to have this done by a shop, i don't think i can justify going with 4.10's. i woulde prefer to only do this once.

i may consider a set of 4.30's or 4.56's

thanks and sorry
Gears are compicated to install and i would trust a shop to do it, but if you were to swap the 3rd member or the front diff with the approate gears, then that would be a driveway job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts