TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that my Warn XD9000 died on me while winching. I sent it in to the authorized service center (http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53641), and although I am still not 100% sure as to what the original problem was, they are fixing it under warranty. They told me that the way the XD9000 sits in the ARB front bumper does not allow water to drain from the motor. I had also overclocked my gearbox to make the clutch more accessible (a tiny bit more than what ARB had stated I should do), which they said was very bad. I just wanted to give you all a heads up!

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
white_eskimo said:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that my Warn XD9000 died on me while winching. I sent it in to the authorized service center (http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53641), and although I am still not 100% sure as to what the original problem was, they are fixing it under warranty. They told me that the way the XD9000 sits in the ARB front bumper does not allow water to drain from the motor. I had also overclocked my gearbox to make the clutch more accessible (a tiny bit more than what ARB had stated I should do), which they said was very bad. I just wanted to give you all a heads up!
water won't drain from those things no matter how you mount them. If you do a lot of water crossings you have to rebuild just about any winch on a yearly basis....that's part of the game ;)

they are not hard to rebuild, ie, disassemble, regrease and reassemble... Takes a couple hrs unless you find some corrsion.

Mine (and many others on rigs I wheel with) are mounted flat and we all have this problem. They are NOT water proof, never were.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing