TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to look into winches for when I can afford to get a bumper made. My question is what is everybodies opinion on the 8000i vs just the M8000? I thought I remembered people badmouthing the integrated solenoid, but I can't remember why. What would be the advantages/disadvantages of the integrated vs the remote solenoid? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
4TACXOMA4 said:
I am starting to look into winches for when I can afford to get a bumper made. My question is what is everybodies opinion on the 8000i vs just the M8000? I thought I remembered people badmouthing the integrated solenoid, but I can't remember why. What would be the advantages/disadvantages of the integrated vs the remote solenoid? Thanks.
The integrated soleoid is easier to wire but makes the winch bigger. The remote solenoid is a bit more work to install but you can put the solenoid up under the hood where it will stay dry. I went with remote to save space and I mounted the solenoid pack under the hood.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SteveO said:
The integrated soleoid is easier to wire but makes the winch bigger. The remote solenoid is a bit more work to install but you can put the solenoid up under the hood where it will stay dry. I went with remote to save space and I mounted the solenoid pack under the hood.
Thanks. The bumpers I am looking at, he uses the i series a lot, so I don't think space is really an issue.

·
Registered
607 Posts
My advice would be to get the "M" series.I had the "I" series on my old truck & got rid of it(the truck) then couldn't put the "I" series in the ARB I bought for the new truck.Trust me & most others will agree spend a little less $$$ on the "M" series you'll be able to keep it longer in case something changes.Plus I think the resale is better on then.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
4TACXOMA4 said:
8274-50 is preferred by my Alaskan buddies, and they winch several times every time they go wheeling (otherwise it's not wheeling to them).

After that, M8000. One guy has an M12000, but he wheels a heavy-ass Bronco.

Oh, and get a snatch block, a tree saver, and a HANDsaver. Those will save your ass.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red2003 said:
My advice would be to get the "M" series.I had the "I" series on my old truck & got rid of it(the truck) then couldn't put the "I" series in the ARB I bought for the new truck.Trust me & most others will agree spend a little less $$$ on the "M" series you'll be able to keep it longer in case something changes.Plus I think the resale is better on then.
Thanks. I never thought about it possibly going into a different bumper later on if I sold it or something.

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
SteveO said:

Do you have a picture where you mounted your solenoid pack? :confused:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
TQM3 (Last IFS in AZ) said:
Do you have a picture where you mounted your solenoid pack? :confused:
No I don't but could get one over the week-end. It's mounted to the side of the airbox on a rubber pad right above the power steering pump. It's a tight fit but the only spot left under the hood big enough to mount it on my truck. ....Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts