TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a current thread regarding my throw-out bearing on my 2000 Tacoma. The truck only has 48k on it, so I'm assuming this should be covered under the powertrain warranty (5 years/60K).

Well...as most of you know. Trying to get a Dealership to do anything is this side of impossible. I went by today and they gave me some crap about "We're not sure if that's covered...get back to us next week." Well, I think that was the polite way to say..."Go fu_k yourself."

48k seems pretty rediculous for a throw-out bearing to be squeaking away. Anyways, if anybody else has had this same problem and the dealer fixed under warranty. Please let me know. Any advice or even documentation would be great.

I swear, if it didn't mean tearing out the transmission to get to it, I'd fix it myself. This is a bit over my head.

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In most cases you have to bitch and nag along with going to the top.....not just the dealership but the Corporate. The more fight and the higher in the chain you go....the better your outcome will be.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i doubt they will cover it under warrenty since is a "wearable" part. just like your clutch. same with brakes i guess you could say, however if you nag enough maybe they will help ya out. anyways here's a bump for ya to see if anyone can give a better answer.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Call Toyota directly, think it's 1.800.GOTOYOTA for you south of the border folks.

Should clear it up, but I can't picturing that being a warrantiable item, unless it proves to be "defective" as a result of the manufacturing process.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
mudferret said:
Call Toyota directly, think it's 1.800.GOTOYOTA for you south of the border folks.

" SOUTH OF THE BORDER FOLKS..." Do I look like a Goddamn GARDENER to you?!? That was the funniest thing I've read all week!!!! :D

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
jderou2 said:
I have a current thread regarding my throw-out bearing on my 2000 Tacoma. The truck only has 48k on it, so I'm assuming this should be covered under the powertrain warranty (5 years/60K).

Well...as most of you know. Trying to get a Dealership to do anything is this side of impossible. I went by today and they gave me some crap about "We're not sure if that's covered...get back to us next week." Well, I think that was the polite way to say..."Go fu_k yourself."

48k seems pretty rediculous for a throw-out bearing to be squeaking away. Anyways, if anybody else has had this same problem and the dealer fixed under warranty. Please let me know. Any advice or even documentation would be great.

I swear, if it didn't mean tearing out the transmission to get to it, I'd fix it myself. This is a bit over my head.

Thanks to all.
good luck trying to get that warrenteed. clutch parts, like brakes, are not usually subject to warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.