TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

my tacoma is my first New car, i have built old jeeps and stuff in the past...

my taco is an 07 with a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and a lifetime powertrain warranty. the jeep had no warranty lol

my stepmom said if i do modifications to it i could void the warranty. i have no idea if she knows what she is talking about or not.

i wanna call BS...any thoughts?

-Tim

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
You void the warranty on that specific part. So, if you change the suspension, then the suspension is out of warranty......and so on. It doesn't void the whole truck.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how the hell do u have a lifetime powertrain?

bumper to bumper is 3 yr 36000 miles
power train is 5 yr 60000 miles
you can extend them by buying a toyota extra care contract but even they expire at 100000
lifetime power train warranty

7yr/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty including scheduled maintenance at 15k and 30k. applicable at any southeast toyota dealer, so if i am outta town and i blow a timing chain just drop it off at a dealer

its not included, its optional...i opted for it
http://www.toyotamallofga.com/limited-lifetime-warranty.aspx

-Tim

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Good luck cashing in on that warranty if you ever lift it or actually use it offroad. Toyota dosn't seem to like doing warantee work.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck cashing in on that warranty if you ever lift it or actually use it offroad. Toyota dosn't seem to like doing warantee work.
its my DD i dont plan on using it on the trails, the jeeps for that, but i do wanna do a small lift and 32s and exhaust and stuff to it. i got the prerunner cuz im not gonna 4x4 this one

-Tim

·
Registered
52 Posts
dont mess with the suspension, and get a 3inch body lift, and get some sidesteps, and it will cover up the side view chassis a bit. or since your this big spender on all these extra warranties.... i believe you can have your dealer install your suspension lift, and keep that part of your warranty with no void

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont mess with the suspension, and get a 3inch body lift, and get some sidesteps, and it will cover up the side view chassis a bit. or since your this big spender on all these extra warranties.... i believe you can have your dealer install your suspension lift, and keep that part of your warranty with no void
no body lift, body lifts are half-assed at best, and frame hang looks like crap.

i got an excellent deal on the truck since my dads bought 6 vehicles from that dealer, so im not a big spender, just got taken care of by the dealer.

i will be doin all the work myself just like on the jeep, and voiding the warranty wont stop me, just trying to work around it

-Tim

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Whatever you mess with, you void. That's what it comes down too. I have a recertified truck that has a nice 100k warranty package (it wasn't part of the cost) and I've blasted right through it.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Be careful. Dealerships will attempt to void more of the warranty based on the trickle down effect. Example: he voided the suspension warranty by lifting the truck, but he now has a t-case problem. We feel that the t-case problem was caused by the lift, etc.. This shit goes on and on. Remember, there is NO honor among theives (stealerships). My solution is a folded $100 bill when I shake the service managers hand. It may be dirty pool, but it sure as hell levels the playing field. Toyotas days of honoring warranty repairs has gone to shit in a hand basket. Proceed at your own risk.

·
Registered
219 Posts
heh...my parents are gonna be pissed when i lift my truck, especially after they bought the extended warranty. :xsmash:
shit, i wish my parents bought me a truck

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
buy TRD parts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts