TTORA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh well, too late now.

Nothing fancy, just another Waggy 44 on Rancho springs. 4.88s, full time hubs, no locker, 35s.........blah blah blah. Man, these things take forever when you are working all by yourself.

I also plan on bobing the frame and moving the rear end forward. I want to get rid of rear overhang, and shorten up the wheel base.

Something I haven't seen mentioned in other buildups. The motor mount is part of the shock bucket, so I put a little piece of plate in there to help it out, rather than cutting it down.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I hope you secured or tied the frame rails together before you cut it all off. If not, your frame probably spread before you put in the new front crossmember.

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
ur tacoma has got to be one of the ugliest i seen, but also one of the coolest :clap: i like people who rip shit out of their cars to make more fun to drive

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ur tacoma has got to be one of the ugliest i seen, but also one of the coolest :clap: i like people who rip shit out of their cars to make more fun to drive
The only reason I cut it up is because I didn't want to buy replacement body panels after I wrecked it. No sense in fixing it just to smash it in again.

As far as the ugly thing goes, the judges seem to disagree;

·
Registered
427 Posts
any updates

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I see a couple hoses and a couple pipes. I know this is your engine cage thread, but got a pic of (or a link to) the radiator setup?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now, that is how you load up a truck.

Due to work I haven't had much time to work on the truck, so I am in the process of moving to a closer shop. Someday I'll get around to putting an axle under this thing. For now, I just have to live with this sad sight.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see a couple hoses and a couple pipes. I know this is your engine cage thread, but got a pic of (or a link to) the radiator setup?
The cage has been in the truck for a few years now. This is my much delayed SAS thread.

The raidiator is nothing fancy, just some copper hot water pipe that runs to the back.

There are bleed valves at the front.

The radiator hangs off of the down bars, and there is an electric fan on it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got back around to the project. I have started in on the steering.

The hysteer arms were just a bit bigger than I anticipated. I will probably have to get a 1/2 inch spacer or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts