TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For someone like myself, someone looking for a new bare bones 4x4 pickup with a manual transmission for 20K there are exactly zero options.

Im fairly young, so Im left wondering was there ever such a thing as a 20K 4x4 manual transmission pickup? And if so, where have they all gone?

·
Registered
453 Posts
What, exactly, do you mean by 20k? Price, towing weight.....? Because there are plenty of affordable 4x4 manual trucks out there...

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm thinking he wants a brand new truck that costs $20k that's 4x4 and manual tranny.

Short answer is no. You're about a decade late for that.

They have gotten bigger to meet the demands of American buyers. That bigger size, along with fancy electronics that people think they need are driving up the price. There is also that inflation thing.

My guess is you're researching your first truck. Get something used and treat it nicely and you won't be let down. You can probably find a nicely modded Tacoma with decent miles for $20k.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking he wants a brand new truck that costs $20k that's 4x4 and manual tranny.

Short answer is no. You're about a decade late for that.

They have gotten bigger to meet the demands of American buyers. That bigger size, along with fancy electronics that people think they need are driving up the price. There is also that inflation thing.

My guess is you're researching your first truck. Get something used and treat it nicely and you won't be let down. You can probably find a nicely modded Tacoma with decent miles for $20k.

Well - I would like to buy new, but I just don't have options. Cars at 15-20K, there are a LOT of good options - trucks in 4WD. Nothing.

But I think back in the day the old 78-82 toyota trucks were pricey when Inflation is factored in - I know the rangers used to be around 20k for a 4x4, but then you have a ranger ha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts