TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to the Washington area and want to get out on the trails in style. I am building a '01 double cab and will be reading up everything I can in the sas build up section. My first real rock crawler was a samurai with 31 12.5 boggers and no lift(heavy body mods). I loved this light weight low center of gravity fully locked crawler, and its capabilities on the AZ rocks but it was harsh for anyone in the back seats. I would like to build something more comfortable for the family this time around.

I am into RcCrawling as well.

Chad-

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Welcome Chad,

Check out NW-Wheelers.com. A great forum up there and make sure you bring your sarcasm suit.

I was born and raised up there. Where in AZ did you live?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.

I lived in mesa for about 15 years. NWwheelers was home base for WARCRC for some time...so you will see me in there "doing buisness" in the RC forum. I am currently the USRCCA(United States Radio Control Crawling Association) state rep for Washington.

Chad-

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Hi de ho neighbor! Welcome to TTORA!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have owned the '01 prerunner double cab since new...now I am looking at if my "wants" fit with reality. This (ttora) is a great resorce and the wealth of information and opinions is going to take some time to work my way through.

Chad-

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

I lived in mesa for about 15 years. NWwheelers was home base for WARCRC for some time...so you will see me in there "doing buisness" in the RC forum. I am currently the USRCCA(United States Radio Control Crawling Association) state rep for Washington.

Chad-
Sweet, I don't freauent the RC board, but I punched a few keys in the rest of the board.

Where in WA are you? I used to live in Puyallup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks FJCameron.

I am waiting for the inicialization (sp?) of my account on wattora. Looks like there are some nice tacomas in washington. I used to see at least acouple on the trails each triop out in the florance junction area(AZ). Some of those rigs are definatly motivation for my desire to go with a solid axle instead of a indipendent 4 wheel drive conversion on my prerunner.

chad-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts