TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have killed 20+ wasps and just found they are in the opener....best ideas for gettig them out with out fire(thought about that) and it cant harm the garage door opener. :mad:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Smoke can be used to slow the wasps down and make them less aggressive... you can then remove the nest with out to much risk of getting stung!

they are less aggressive in the morning or night when metabolism is low and they have not feed!

If you know what type of wasp it is ... you can use the commercial wasp and hornet pesticide to kill the nest.

If it is a really large nest that can't be removed in whole or you are allergic to the sting or people around you are, have pest control do the work ...

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
This is probably a stupid idea...but maybe?

Wear protective clothing including a head net, have one guy hold a paper bag open underneath while another guy scrapes it off with a spatula, and roll the bag closed when it drops.

Then soak it in something flammable and prone to vaporizing, let it sit for a bit, and roast the mess, bag and all.

Early on a cold morning will help too. And a smoke bomb.

·
7,735 Posts
They make stuff to spray them, and it works to like 20 ft or something like that. I've used it once and worked good. You should be able to find it at Ace, home depot, etc

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i will try some of that tonight. I killed 40+ of them with MAF cleaner and i bet there is 40 more out today.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
CRC Brakleen

Always something we had handy in the garage and it evaporates pretty quickly.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
They make stuff to spray them, and it works to like 20 ft or something like that. I've used it once and worked good. You should be able to find it at Ace, home depot, etc
x2 - hose down the hive with that stuff, wait a couple days and they'll be gone.

There are also foggers that you could fumigate the whole garage with and get similar effect.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
The wasp spray worked great ton Tippy though (When we had to get rid of the nest they had built under the hood ;)

You know your rig has been sitting a LONG time when wasps have time to build a nest under the hood where the engine WAS.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wonder if the wasps flying and holding on could move tippy...then it would be moving....faster then the 3.slow i bet.

The bimmer doesn't have nests yet and its sat a while...hmmm maybe i should check that out again..

Nest is gone. Killed them while they were on the light in one shot of MAF cleaner and then got some raid for the replacements that came while i was at dinner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts