·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stream right now is a replay of this mornings qualifiers. The stream will be live at 7:30AM PST for the next 3 days of qualifying and events.
yea, figured that out as it started getting dark and they were still going :p.
check out the BackDoor shootout especially near the end when a guy, literally, breaks his car in have and drives off in FWD with the front end :eek:

·
Administrator
18,246 Posts
yea, figured that out as it started getting dark and they were still going :p.
check out the BackDoor shootout especially near the end when a guy, literally, breaks his car in have and drives off in FWD with the front end :eek:
Yup saw that. They also had some male stripper action too. I wonder if it was Brianna? :eek:

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Brianna just crossed the finish line!!! Way to go Brian!!

Quite a few "stock" Yotas made it through today. There was even an early IFS truck out there, LOL, doing just fine

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anywhere to watch highlights from the day? I looked around and didn't find anything except a few youtube videos.
not that I've seen. http://www.ustream.tv/ultra4 has just the Back Door highlights on their list but nothing from the last couple of days :(

post up whatever youtube vids you see here

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this was done with a small remote control helo...drone. This, IMI, is the future of outdoor sports coverage and will replace the $2000/hr helos that currently do the work. The US is way behind, however, so it may be a while before we catch up to other countries with this technology.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And they got it put back together, ready for tomorrow.
I'd bet Dan with Ruffstuff had something to do with the fix...

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
this was done with a small remote control helo...drone. This, IMI, is the future of outdoor sports coverage and will replace the $2000/hr helos that currently do the work. The US is way behind, however, so it may be a while before we catch up to other countries with this technology.
The U.S. currently has no method for commercial use of UAV's for any purpose. Amateur use up to 400' AGL is allowed. FAA is making reg's and licensing, etc rules due to be out mid-2015 or so. After the few flights I've put on my quad w/camera, there is NO doubt to me that this IS the future of many different types of coverage. I now get to learn the fun of editing :p

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The U.S. currently has no method for commercial use of UAV's for any purpose. Amateur use up to 400' AGL is allowed. FAA is making reg's and licensing, etc rules due to be out mid-2015 or so. After the few flights I've put on my quad w/camera, there is NO doubt to me that this IS the future of many different types of coverage. I now get to learn the fun of editing :p
watch any of the outdoor Olympics coverage? you can see their drones every now and then :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts