TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water in the bed Fix

Every time it rained I would get a bed full of water.

This is great if you plan on recycling it.

One problem with a bed full of water is that it can damage tools or anything accidentally left in the bed of the truck and it can be a nuisance when driving away because water gets everywhere.

For this problem I simply drilled 2 holes in each corner of the bed up front.

This should also work on trucks with a bedliner to keep the water from puddling up under it which can often cause rust.

2- 1/4" holes seems to work pretty good. 2 holes in case one plugs up and anything bigger than 1/4" and you might lose a load if you are hauling sand or any other fine particle material. It also keeps dust to a minimum. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you use a camper shell part time you may have to plug the holes to keep any dust out. :D

Edit:
As Bear has mentioned, you may want to primer the holes to prevent rust.

Also, make sure to check under the bed so that you do not drill through any critical components.

Or you could simply try what CYi5 has mentioned and clean out the factory drain slot.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
route the exhaust so it heats up the water and, voila! now its a spa!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
quit parking next to sprinklers! :D

it is a good fix and my bed is riddled with holes from other reasons. One thing to add though is you should spray the holes with a good quality primer (minimum) otherwise the bare metal will start to rust from the inside diameter of the hole and cause premature death that surrounding metal.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

This area is not supposed to be clogged up. Clean it out with a screwdriver or pressure washer and you will have your stock drain slot back from what I remember.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks CYi5!

I didn't know that there is a drain slot there.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
yea, and it typically gets clogged!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
He knew you hangeded out with them prerunner guys at Hollister

"Dude my reverse went out and I dont know why. Is it cuz my prerunner is lifted 9 inches?" :rofl:

sorry to hijack the thread, im a deusche

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem. I've already moved on to my next dorky cheap trick. Reflectors "Lexus style".. No seriously..

·
Web Wheeler
809 Posts
He knew you hangeded out with them prerunner guys at Hollister

"Dude my reverse went out and I dont know why. Is it cuz my prerunner is lifted 9 inches?" :rofl:

sorry to hijack the thread, im a deusche
HA...I tried to stay away from that guy. He was the first one to pull up where we met, and me and eric were just staring at each other..

And he was mad cus toyota would only pay for half of the cost for a new tranny:rolleyes:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does this guy just do this shit as a joke or............. I'm lost.. so many gay threads with half assed "mods"
Gay threads with half assed mods... Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
...nothing you've done is that interesting, helpful, or ingenious... ..
Thanks again

Hey, I used to have the exact same truck as you! 86 4x4 std cab 22r. Mine was carbed too! I did all the work on it myself. I took mine on trips to Bald Mtn., Brewers Lake, Pismo dunes, Hollister Hills, tons of Tahoe ski trips. Literally beat the hell out of it. Funny how they offered a 85 straight axle EFI and a 86 carbed IFS. 86 was the only year they offered the carbed IFS. I put running gear on it from a 94, A trailmaster 4" lift, Crane performance camshaft (great for the 22r), Flowmaster, K&N, 10" American Racing rims, Snugtop, Warn winch bumper, smittybilt rear bumper w/ custom backup lights, steel braided brake lines, Downey Idler arm gusset (best buy ever) Rancho AAL, Trailmaster SSV shocks and steering stabilizer (great valving), Optima, KC daylighters, Bushwacker fender flairs, Remington Mud Brutes, Tachometer, CB, Custom stereo, Custom Manzanita pin striping.

This was back in 96. I hauled 10- 200 pound railroad ties up a jeep trail once. Greatest little truck I ever had! The engine was the only problem (that and the heater broke). That 22R goes through head gaskets like they are going out of style. Let me know if you have any questions. I must have replaced the head gasket 3 times in mine and once in my uncles (he had the 85 straight axle w/ EFI). I have found that the best plugs are the Champion truck plugs. Sorry I don't have a picture for you. I don't really feel like pulling out the scanner because your kinda being a dick to me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
lol ^^^ that was very sneaky!! nice little passive agressive there, I like the effort!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts