TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just got the URD 4U water injection kit for my Taco last Friday and I am getting ready to install it but I have some quick questions from the guru's before I start. I have been reading every post on this forum as well as the aquamist and custom tacos forums and haven't found any answers. I didn't get instructions yet for the kit but I think they are on their way from URD.

1. How do you control when the water/meth starts to flow? How does the system know what boost you are at or does it just get the signal from the fuel injectors via FIA2? Also where on the system do you adjust it? From the gauge or in the main box where the wires all get connected?

2. I asked Brian if I should get the custom tank from them (URD) or just use my washer tank and he suggested to just use my washer tank. So where did you guys tap the tank for the supply line and where did you mount the float sensor.

3. Lastly, Where have you guys mounted the pump? The sureflo pump is significantly bigger than the aquamist one that comes with the other kits. I think that I found a good place for it but I wanted to hear/see your suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
frigin crickets since feb??
Hey did you get that thing installed?
still have questions?

Ok so I just got the URD 4U water injection kit for my Taco last Friday and I am getting ready to install it but I have some quick questions from the guru's before I start. I have been reading every post on this forum as well as the aquamist and custom tacos forums and haven't found any answers. I didn't get instructions yet for the kit but I think they are on their way from URD.

1. How do you control when the water/meth starts to flow? How does the system know what boost you are at or does it just get the signal from the fuel injectors via FIA2? Also where on the system do you adjust it? From the gauge or in the main box where the wires all get connected?

2. I asked Brian if I should get the custom tank from them (URD) or just use my washer tank and he suggested to just use my washer tank. So where did you guys tap the tank for the supply line and where did you mount the float sensor.

3. Lastly, Where have you guys mounted the pump? The sureflo pump is significantly bigger than the aquamist one that comes with the other kits. I think that I found a good place for it but I wanted to hear/see your suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You should have a boost pressure switch witch will turn on the flow at whatever pressure you choose by turning the flathead screw one way or the other. Its the only piece of the kit that needs a nylon boost tap line going to it. As far as the pump and tank, ive got the urd setup but you can mount the pump wherever you want so long as you mount it below the water tank that way gravity primes the pump for you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah bro, I got the kit installed and it is pretty sweet. I got most of the help I needed elsewhere since this thread was dead. I still need to get a smaller pulley and re tune but the kit works awsome. I have some pics if you want to see the final results. My kit didn't come with a boost activated switch and it activates solely based on injector pulse. The only down side I have seen to this is if I rev the engine high without pushing down the throttle too far the system will trigger without being in boost but I should have shifted long before that happens anyway.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
dprofeta
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing