TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have been having water leak in from somewhere on driver side handle. It is not a lot of water but just a couple of drips. It has been raining the last couple of days and all I could guess is the water seeps in really slow, like over night. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times and they could not re-create the problem. I cannot re-create it either.

I have like 800 more miles until my warranty runs out, and I want to get this problem resolved. ASAP

If anyone has had this problem please let me know how you resolved it or how to re-create the leak.

Truck specs: 2003 Xtracab w/sunroof. (The sunroof leaked in a ton of water and 3 moonroofs later it is fixed. water was getting in through the metal and the glass of the moonroof, NOT between moonroof and cab of truck)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well they have the lemon law if you take it in 3 or more times and the problem is not fixed so keep taking it in. Thats what the warranty is for. Have them try to reseal the windshield. I have heard of leaking from there....
-Scott

·
Registered
246 Posts
To be sure, buy yourself a new door handle rubber gasket ans have it replaced, it will be very cheap and it will allow you to eliminate that possibility at least.

My guess is that if it's not that, the water is getting in through the rubber lip-type seal on the o/s of the door window. If they refuse to pay for that too, just buy that one as well and have it changed. For the minimal dollars spent, you'll at least have the problem solved.

BUT you should be able to have both of these parts covered under warranty fairly easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My truck did the same thing. The windshield need to be resealed. Dealer fixed it under warranty. Take off the handle and trim piece and hose down the outside of the truck. You can make sure of its source that way.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i know this is an old post bnut my truck recently started to leak from the drivers side handle and i dont want any problems to come out of it with it rusting. its only a couple drops and i never noticed it before until today and it has rained sun up to sun down. has anyone found a cure for this problem yet? please help if you guys can

1 - 5 of 5 Posts