TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced timing belt, water pump, thermostat ect 2 1/2 years ago, 55,000 mi. ago. Truck heated up last night for the first time ever. Came out to go to work this morning and driveway is full of water. Water seems to be coming from the lower thermostat housing. Is this water pump toast? Thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Water? Unless you put just water in your radiator then it should be something else?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
You mean it overheated?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
If it overheated, the expanded coolant may have caused your coolant reservoir to overflow in which case some coolant would have been spilled out of the overflow pipe and onto the ground beneath the truck. You could also have sprung a leak in one of your coolant hoses or in the radiator itself.

I'd be more concerned with finding out why it overheated in the first place. Look at your oil on the dipstick and check to see if it's consistency is normal(or if it is cloudy and milky like it would be if coolant had mixed with it). Also look in your radiator to see if it's near the top of the radiator and if the coolant is clean... and do the same with the coolant reservoir. If all that checks out OK, start it up and look around for leaks on your hoses as well as around where the head gasket is and the radiator itself.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for the input. Water poured out the water pump area when I filled up the radiator again. Took it to the shop that did the work two plus years ago and told them to fix it. Water pump is still under warranty. I'm going to have a new timing belt and thermostat put on while their in that far. Should be done today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts