TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the water pump on my `98 2.7L w/ 120K miles. The old pump was leaking kinda bad from the bottom weap hole and the seal felt like it was binding up.

The cool part is that my truck feels like it has 10 more horsepower....I wouldn`t have called the water pump a complete failure, it know it was causing a drag-but this was like had the a/c & a parachute....not bitchin about the new power, but WTF?

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
vacuum leak

I have a small vacuum leak that I can`t find, nothing visually. I sprayed starting fluid on most of the vacuum lines and didn`t notice and increase/decrease in revs at all...

:confused:

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,520 Posts
Bearing on the water pump was probably adding lots of drag and pulling down your power. I doubt it was 10hp, but if it was noticable, then damn that thing was in bad shape.

About the vacuum leak, how do you know you even have one? (btw- nice job switching subjects and de-railing your own topic.)

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehe, yea I figure I`d just derail it from the start.

I can hear the vacuum leak (really high pitch @ idle, disappears when about 1000rpm`s), sounds like it is near the valve cover. Hoses are getting dry, but I didn`t cracks. Any ideas how to find instead of just replacing one hose at a time?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts