TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that they have some really good rates.

I am in the process right now of getting an online quote.

I currently have Mercury any pay around $1600 a year. Full coverage 100,000/300,000
Clean record, '26, 2001 PreRunner.

I am going to lower my liability to 50k/100k because I won't have to worry about protecting my co-signer. (Paid the truck off).

·
Registered
103 Posts
from what i understand they are sort of a good driver coop. my girlfriend is with them and has a GREAT rate, in the neighborhood around 800 a year and she drives a 04 VW Gulf GTI. but me on the other hand te he :). the agent said try agin in 3 years

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
They're the only company I've ever been insured by. They were always the cheapest option when the brokers searched the databases for me. Rates are likely much different for us Canucks, but Wawasnesa costed me ~$900/year while most others were in the $1200 range. This was with a very clean record, nothing but a single speeding ticket.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I know about them. They are a great company, I know all the claim center suppervisors and most of the adjustors. If I wasn't with USAA and if we didn't move every three years, I would have them. In the US, they only write policies in California and are just starting Oregon. They are a Canadian based company with a San Diego claim center. The only real knock is that their rental policy is reimbursement for their insured, meaning you better be able to afford a rental if you wreck you truck and it is your fault or you get nothing to drive while your buggy is being fixed. Most of the people I work with are insured through Wawa.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
_BEN_ said:
I heard that they have some really good rates.

I am in the process right now of getting an online quote.

I currently have Mercury any pay around $1600 a year. Full coverage 100,000/300,000
Clean record, '26, 2001 PreRunner.

I am going to lower my liability to 50k/100k because I won't have to worry about protecting my co-signer. (Paid the truck off).

you might want to think about upping your liability. it's to protect you. you hit a car worth more than 50k (there are a ton of those on the road these days!) and hurt someone (lots of fakers too!) your insurance will gladly pay the full part of their requirement (50/100) and walk away and guess who is hanging out to dry? garnashed wages and high payments. it doen't cost much to up it to something like 100/300 just for a little more protection. for me it was like 5 bucks more a month. remember insurance is all that bad, just a transfer of risk. god forbid you kill someone its nice to have extra coverage.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys.

I tried to get a quote with USAA but they said because I have been out of active duty for so long that I was no longe qualified. Bastards lol. I even asked if my inactive reserve obligation counted but they said no.

Ill rethink my coverage options. True allot of the cars around here are $50k+.

Ill post up my quote when wawa's site is working. Right now I can't get the site to finish the quote processs. Server error.

~This is going to sound dumb but...
Policy holders can only live in CA, Oregon, Canada but the insurance is still good in other states right?
IE: If I drive to Vegas and wreck there will I still be covered?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
_BEN_ said:

Damn it sucks to be 19.

$1,500 for 6 months coverage :eek:

Full coverage with Geico.......and it's the cheapest that I could find.

1 Point on my record.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I have 21st Century Ins.

I pay 800 Per six, that's full coverage... its not bad... the payments are pretty good... and I live in Los Angeles... Soon to move out... so it will go down some more :D

Squeeky Clean Record too... oh... and Im 25

·
Registered
456 Posts
_BEN_ said:
~This is going to sound dumb but...
Policy holders can only live in CA, Oregon, Canada but the insurance is still good in other states right?
IE: If I drive to Vegas and wreck there will I still be covered?
Yup. It's good even if you drive to Vermont or where ever.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$1053 for a year. Full coverage.

Bodily injury Liability $100k/$300k
Property Damage Liability $100k
Medical Payments $5000.00
Comprehensive Deductible $100.00
Collision Deductible $300.00
Towing/ Rental Re-embursement $50 / $750
Uninsured/Under-insured Protection $30K/$60k
Uninsured Motorist- Collision Deductible Waiver

If I raised my deductibles to $500 each and lowered my liablity one notch I would be in the $700's.

If I just wanted the bare minimum I would be around $500.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Animal said:
I have 21st Century Ins.

I pay 800 Per six, that's full coverage... its not bad... the payments are pretty good... and I live in Los Angeles... Soon to move out... so it will go down some more :D

Squeeky Clean Record too... oh... and Im 25
I have 21st Century too and they have pretty good Rates, mine is around $650 every 6 Months for my Tacoma and 2 other Vehicles Full Coverage on all 3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts