TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
I was looking at some new tires for my truck and was try to get the best gears for a 95 with a set of 31s that I can go down the high way and not have to redline it to go any were!:xozzy:
31s are a stock tire size you shouldnt have to regear
hahaha, you just tried to be hard core :xozzy: and got owned, but i shouldn't laugh

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I was looking at some new tires for my truck and was try to get the best gears for a 95 with a set of 31s that I can go down the high way and not have to redline it to go any were!:xozzy:
find out what gears you have now using http://www.ttora.com/wiki/index.php/Gear_Codes . I think I read in one of your other posts that your truck was a 4cyl. If that is the case you would want either 4:10 or 4:30s as these were avail stock you will prob be able to find them used for dirt cheap in the For Sale section of this forum

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Find out what gears you currently have, but if you have 4:10 you should be fine, 4:30's if you like a little extra pep in your step with the 5spd. If you have an auto then you will want to step it up to 4:56's

·
Registered
212 Posts
Even if you got stuck with 3.58s...it's not that bad with 31s.
It isn't that great either. I did it for almost 2 years. 4.30 gears have been sitting on the shelf for over 2 years. I kick myself for not swapping them in sooner. It is a world of difference. The truck doesn't fell like it is straining anymore. Gas mileage is much better too.:2cents:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Even if you got stuck with 3.58s...it's not that bad with 31s.
i beg to differ also. did you ever drive around with that setup? i really doubt it.:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
did you ever drive around with that setup? i really doubt it.:D
No, I'm just talking completely out of my ass:rolleyes:

My truck came with slightly bigger tires than stock, ~29.5 inches. The jump to 31s made no noticeable difference. Never drove it with stock tires, but it moved fine with 31x10.50s and my LCE header and deckplate mod.

Now when I had 32x11.50s on...things moved a little slower....

·
Registered
622 Posts
everyone needs to lay off the 31 and 3.58s combo...its fine, that how i bought mine back in 2004 and drove 30,000+ miles like that....now i got 33x12.50 bias ply tsl and still 3.58s and given, its slow and 5th gear is useless on the highway, it still gets me around and has for a thousand miles untill my SAS in two weeks. learn to drive an 85 ford ranger 2wd with no power anything and a 2.3L, and 33s on a 2.7 taco and 3.58s are a God send.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.