TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question really: On a 99 Tacoma 4cyl, there is a black box behind the fuse box on the right-hand side of the engine compartment we thought was the A/C, but Ryan seems to think otherwise. Problem is, is it has a hose hanging from it that we think should be connected to something....it looks a little serious to be just chillin there normally, and his truck isnt starting. Problem is, we cant find where the stupid thing was connected to, and being we dont even know what the black box is, we haven't a clue where to start. If it would help, it's a black rubber hose with a 2-4" metal pipe about 12" down, and then it ends with a hook-ended rubber fitting. I couldnt see anything that looked super clean in the compartment, which I was hoping might help me figure otu where it came off of, so if anyone has any idea what the box is, or where this friggin hose popped off of, and if it would cause Ryans truck to stop running, your input would be much appreciated =)

Thanks!
Jenn

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Evap canister. That rubber hose is probably the one that just shoves in a hole in the frame, inside frame rail, right under the canister.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wes said:
Evap canister. That rubber hose is probably the one that just shoves in a hole in the frame, inside frame rail, right under the canister.

ah-ha! well, that makes sense.....guess we still have to figure out why the stupid things not runnin then...thanks wes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts