TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many miles they can expect from a set of the MT Baja Claws. I was thinking about the 31x11.50 size tires.
Do they have any real long life on them it would be on my Daily driver truck. If they dont then I guess I will go for the radials. Anyone have the bias ones and have a good life out of them.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The bias tires will not last as long as radials, especially for a daily driver. But, then again, most mud tires don't last quite as long as a/t tires. How long??? I honestly don't know.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The bias tires last about 2/3 as long as the radials. in comparison to like a BFG a/t that you could get upwards of 50,000 out of with conservative driving, you would see about 20,000-30,000 no a set of baja claws. IMO i think they shouldn't be used for a daily driven vehicle unless you like throwing $$$ out the window when you roll down the FWY. Thats just my 2 cents
-Drew

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would see gettin 25-30k out of the radials. Which is average for tires that aggressive.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
I have no Idea on the Bias tires, I would say they would be best reserved for an offroad only rig. They cost more and will not have the ride quality of the radials.

I have run the radials for just under two years now. I don't know the mileage off the top of my head but the 33 x12.5's are holding up well. You need to keep in mind that larger diameter tires will wear slower. They are OK but I think I can be just as happier on a less expensive brand such as the Kumho Venture MT's . I am more impressed with value for performance than a name brand. Again I think the Claws are awesome tires but so are many others. Besides, you'll get tired of people asking you if they are X-terrains.:rolleyes:

All in all they are a boutique tire. Trendy and specialized the bias plies have a good fillowing offroad. The radials are so compromised they are not outstanding at anything, but they perform well in several areas. But I wouldn't put them above any other aggressive radial tire, they are all an attempt to put offroad tread on a street carcass.

I think I could have gotten the same usefullness out of a "Budget" tire such as the Kumho or dunlop MT's.

ALso look for the BFG KM's to go on sale soon, they are being replaced(I can't recall where I read that):flipoff3:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bryanccfshr said:
ALso look for the BFG KM's to go on sale soon, they are being replaced(I can't recall where I read that):flipoff3:
If you can find a link to that info definitely let me know, I'm buying tires soon and I'd be interested to know what they've come up with and when it'll be available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts