TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've got a lot of the site moved over to the new server (huge thanks to Bob over in Norcal for all of his help and generous offering of server space)!. The site is the same...the address is different. We are now PATTORA.COM. Check it out and report bad links (as I've been editing files when I get a chance). The member's gallery isn't up yet, but should be soon. We will have a mailing list sign up as well which will be a great way to keep members up to date (as well as identify inactive members during purging of the list). I'll keep you guys up to date. I just have been really swamped with school this semester. Looking forward to getting out on the trails this summer. Who's up for an "I'm graduated" run in May :D

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
hey matt just checked out the site do you think maybe we could try to get it up to date?? i noticed in the events section the last thing listed was in 03. i also said before about getting some of our wheeling vids on there. i like the mailing list idea maybe we can do a members list purge soon and update our roster. also members web page links maybe we can post a thread on here for everyone that wants their page listed on the site to post the address and we could get them on the site too.. if i had any idea howto build a site i would help you out with doing this stuff so it wasn't all on you.. maybe you can come give me a lesson someday then i could be the vice president- assistant webmaster..lol
i know your busy with school so take your time and let know what you think about my ideas

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the member websites would be a good idea. Videos on the other hand are ok, but we need to make sure they're fairly small and that there's a reminder that all users need to download the files, not stream them. Again we're sharing a server with Norcal, Hawaii, and another chapter I can't remember off hand. We just have to be carefull about bandwidth issues. We now have an active mailing list working...view it here http://lists.norcalttora.com/mailman/listinfo/pattora-announce

Memebers can start signing up here (the signup link has been updated to point to this page). Every current memeber needs to signup however even if they're currently registered. I'll try to keep up on some of the things and keep you guys posted as I make changes.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Toyo4x4 said:
Yeah, the member websites would be a good idea. Videos on the other hand are ok, but we need to make sure they're fairly small and that there's a reminder that all users need to download the files, not stream them. Again we're sharing a server with Norcal, Hawaii, and another chapter I can't remember off hand. We just have to be carefull about bandwidth issues. We now have an active mailing list working...view it here http://lists.norcalttora.com/mailman/listinfo/pattora-announce

Memebers can start signing up here (the signup link has been updated to point to this page). Every current memeber needs to signup however even if they're currently registered. I'll try to keep up on some of the things and keep you guys posted as I make changes.
i'm signed up!! where is everyone else???lol i'm the only one on the list

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Please tell me my pictures are somewhere, and they're not gone forever. :D

The link in your sig is for the old site. Looks good there Matt....thanks for taking care of it.....I appreciate it.

--Scott

Toyo4x4 said:
Well I've got a lot of the site moved over to the new server (huge thanks to Bob over in Norcal for all of his help and generous offering of server space)!. The site is the same...the address is different. We are now PATTORA.COM. Check it out and report bad links (as I've been editing files when I get a chance). The member's gallery isn't up yet, but should be soon. We will have a mailing list sign up as well which will be a great way to keep members up to date (as well as identify inactive members during purging of the list). I'll keep you guys up to date. I just have been really swamped with school this semester. Looking forward to getting out on the trails this summer. Who's up for an "I'm graduated" run in May :D

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fishbone said:
Please tell me my pictures are somewhere, and they're not gone forever. :D

The link in your sig is for the old site. Looks good there Matt....thanks for taking care of it.....I appreciate it.

--Scott
Yep, I just changed my sig. And yes, your pictures are gone forever :mad: That's one of the reasons I wasn't too happy about the last minute notification of the site going down. All of our pictures in the gallery are gone. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts