TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my fiance and I will be getting married this upcoming May, and are still looking for a place to hold the wedding/reception. We are looking for some place nicer, but would like to keep it under $3000 for the location including chair rentals and such. I figured there are a lot of married people on this board that could give some good information! Oh, and we really do not care where in Colorado we have the wedding. She is from Ft Morgan, and my family is from Texas so they have to travel here anyways. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!
-Dan

·
Registered
416 Posts
UNDER 3k lol good luck i did mine 2 years ago and tried to keep it under 5k... i think we spent over 10k after everything was done. keep in mind it cost about 1-2k for chair and table rentals. and we did it at my in-laws house with no band, no church, didn't pay for her dress or the tuxs, her grandfather married us, family made most of the food. the little shit adds up quick

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
UNDER 3k lol good luck i did mine 2 years ago and tried to keep it under 5k... i think we spent over 10k after everything was done. keep in mind it cost about 1-2k for chair and table rentals. and we did it at my in-laws house with no band, no church, didn't pay for her dress or the tuxs, her grandfather married us, family made most of the food. the little shit adds up quick
Oh my god I'm never getting married...

·
Registered
746 Posts
You could probably get by for under 1K-1.5K but there are a lot a caveats to that statement. First and foremost is size. The more people you have attend, the more money it is going to cost. Related to that is where you hold both the wedding and the reception. Get married in a church, you will pay more. Rent a hall for the reception or have it at something like a hotel ball room, etc., you will pay more. Don't book the hall or whatever on a "popular" date. For example, on 08-08-08 places to hold a wedding and reception were going at a premium because it was a weekend and easy to remember.

You can count on the fact that the wedding dress and tuxes are going to cost you, but if you start shopping early, you can find killer deals on the wedding dresses and you do not have to pick out the most expensive tuxes (or have tuxes at all, for that matter). Believe it or not, perfectly good dresses can be found a second hand clothing shops. The wedding of a friend of mine was different in that she did not wear a 'wedding' dress, instead opting for a very plain, but classy dress and the guys wore tux jackets with blue jeans and boots. He is an ex-bullrider, so the format fit them. Make what you do fit you.

All of this requires detailed, advance planning. Think of it like buying an airline ticket. The earlier you book the flight, the cheaper the fare. Pick a date and place now and work from there. Think outside the box in your planning. For example, Colorado law does not require that someone 'officiate' at a wedding, you can 'self solomnize' your vows. The devil is going to be in the details, pick a date early, pick a place, plan from there. Remember the only thing you really need for successful wedding is a couple to get married, the rest is fluff.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Under 3K?....it can be done. We pulled this off for about 3K

We spent A LOT of time planning this, obviously, but the cost was VERY reasonable. I had to make an entire website to handle all the logistics and basically be the wedding planner so-to-speak. But it turned out great and it cost us about 3K in the end....and we got some cool wedding gifts since we registered at REI :cool:

Remember....you don't "have" to do everything by the [ traditional wedding ] book ;)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are not planning on keeping the entire wedding under 3k. We want to find a place to have it including rentals for under 3k. I totally know we will be spending probably around 6-7k for everything put together. We already have a date, and a lot of other things planned already, just need to find a good location. She wants an outdoor wedding.

And JeepGuy, that is pretty cool! looks like it was a pretty awesome wedding!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
438 Posts
The Historic Crags Lodge in Estes Park (http://www.cragslodge.com/) is where I got married at last fall.

Depending on what you want to do for food, Crags Lodge might be a little over your budget. You have to use their catering, so it's more expensive than renting a place and bringing in your own catering, BBQing kind of thing might be.

However, I'd say their food is quite good for wedding banquet fare, and seem to remember others saying the same thing. Other thing about Crags Lodge is the event planner is super cool and easy to work with, which was big help to us. But I realise the $$ can definately be a deal breaker.

In general, Estes Park is littered with places to hold weddings, there's a few places in Loveland and Fort Collins as well.

Like the JeepGuy said, it's alot about planning and I second his opinion that you don't have to follow the published wedding guides verbatum; <pirate voice> "They're more like guidelines anyway"< pirate voice />. We used several as idea starters and general planning, but in the end we definately created our own event by using lots of ideas from many places and people. :2cents:

Good luck and congrats! :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
We are not planning on keeping the entire wedding under 3k. We want to find a place to have it including rentals for under 3k. I totally know we will be spending probably around 6-7k for everything put together. We already have a date, and a lot of other things planned already, just need to find a good location. She wants an outdoor wedding.

And JeepGuy, that is pretty cool! looks like it was a pretty awesome wedding!
oh ok....i just was shocked at how much we paid and i didn't think we had that much. but we did pay for the brides maid's dresses for 3,500:eek: not doing that again

·
Registered
416 Posts
oh and molly this one is for you:

PIMPIN AIN'T EASY!!!!!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Oh my god I'm never getting married...
That's it, I'm staying single! :eek::eek::eek:
The girl's dad is supposed to pay for it (if tradition holds) - so you better pick the right girl with a cash-happy dad. Mine did :D We got married at the Evergreen Lakehouse. Beautiful location, but I don't think it was one of the cheaper options. We booked it, and cut liquor from the bar (just beer and wine).

So don't skip out on the wedding, just make sure you don't give birth to any girls....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts