TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DAY OF WHEELING: May 6th

SUNDAY ONLY RUN!

Andy and I have been talking and agree its been too long since we have hit the trails, at least for me.

So we decided on this particular weekend.
Get up there wheel Sunday.

Figured probably stay high blues, blacks all day, maybe watch Andy and who ever else can join do some reds.

hopefully we can have a decent turn out for a fun weekend :D

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Not gonna happen for me as we are headed north for a family event tha weekend. Have fun.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
My rig and trailer will be down for the count for a few weeks starting at the end of April. Need to do an inspection (Not an official one) on the trailer and fix several lights, small problems. And I'll finally be replacing the non existent suspension bushings and shackles/hardware on my rig as well as fixing a possible broken/worn out tcase mount. All stuff that I've been pushing off for far too long now!

·
Registered
965 Posts
No thank's, comp on Sat. camping area will probly be packed and people will be up early prepping and getting tech'ed in. If I would go I would be in the comp and I dont have the extra $100 to compete or the time off to do it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So change of plans, this will now be a SUNDAY ONLY run.

Andy needs to get a few things done to his runner and I myself could use the little extra time to make sure the axle I am putting in will be good.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The weekend was a bit of a bust...
Who am I kidding it was...

We get there its a little wet still, check in air down.
Hit the trails
Going around we decide to hit yellow jacket.
Get there, Andy starts going up but is having a little trouble, I get out to go spot him.
As I get up we hear a pop, almost like a CV axle just blew.
He's like "Damn, let me get down from here so we can change it"
I walk around to the front of the truck and scream "Andy Stop!"
He goes "what?"
Me "Your tires are pointing in different directions / \"

He ended up snapping the inner tie rod end in half, bending his idler arm and I believe the actual drag link or what ever that bar is called.

Spent an hour getting him off Yellow jacket, then McGyver'd my sway-bar end-links to work as a temp tie rod end, and slowly got him back out of the park and to the staging area where he got a tow home.

My only damage is my muffler, when I was getting backing out of the entrance to yellow jacket i snagged it on a rock and it separated from the pipe, no biggie, welded and good to go.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is Andy still running IFS after all that damge? I see an axel swap in Andy's future. Sounds like a challenging day, thanks for the report. Get your chit fixed Andy!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Is Andy still running IFS after all that damge? I see an axel swap in Andy's future. Sounds like a challenging day, thanks for the report. Get your chit fixed Andy!
I'm still dumping some money into the IFS. I want to wheel and don't have the time or money for a sas rightnow. It stays interesting this way. I just gotta build it stronger. I'll be ready for 4runner jambo

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm still dumping some money into the IFS. I want to wheel and don't have the time or money for a sas rightnow. It stays interesting this way.
No doubt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Stock02
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing