TTORA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just some random pics from when I decided to finally throw on my new rear leafs and front shocks/coils up this weekend. I have had them sitting in my garage now for a couple weeks. Here are some pics of the install.

Here it is with the old crap on the back.

New springs installed

Had a buddy give me a hand

Here is his beast

Got my front OME's put on.

Did all of this in preparation for this

This is as far as I got because realized ARB sent me two of the same side mounting brackets. Gonna have to have them send me correct piece. So looks like it will be next weekend before it gets put on.

The rear spring install was pretty easy. It helped we had access to power tools and a lift.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks great, what OME springs did you go with? Did you go stiffer to compensate for the ARB? Sorry for all the questions, I'm kinda interested in an OME kit for my truck sometime.

Oh yea, and what tire size is that?

thanks,
~Jay

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great, what OME springs did you go with? Did you go stiffer to compensate for the ARB? Sorry for all the questions, I'm kinda interested in an OME kit for my truck sometime.

Oh yea, and what tire size is that?

thanks,
~Jay
881's. Brought the front end up a little higher than what I was wanting but hopefully once they get settled in, coupled with the additional weight of the bumper, it will be where I want it. The ride quality improved drastically. The tires are 285/75/16.

·
Registered
475 Posts
hey what leafs did you go with in the rear?
also what size shocks you running in the rear

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well after waiting a week or so on my bracket to arrive from ARB I finally got around to putting this thing on tonight. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the quality, design, and fit of the bumper. Install was pretty straight forward, nothing too major. Drove it down the road and no noticeable noise increase, as far as rattling and whatnot. Money well spent in my opinion. No winch as of yet but will be coming in the near future.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey adamgil, Ive never seen a front suspension setup like yours, it looks like youve got a second front shock and I cant see you upper a arm, could you post up some pics of your setup? Looks like you got some custom skills, id love to see some pics of your setup!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey adamgil, Ive never seen a front suspension setup like yours, it looks like youve got a second front shock and I cant see you upper a arm, could you post up some pics of your setup? Looks like you got some custom skills, id love to see some pics of your setup!
:lmao: Sorry to disappoint but the lift is actually not that good. It is a Trailmaster lift and it was on the truck when I bought it. It has no upper A arm since the kit requires it's removal and uses a pretty worthless aux. shock. You will find it is not real popular on here but I'm content right now with it. It allows me larger tires and It gets me where I need to go and with the rear setup I have now it is not that bad. I can get some pics if you want. So no mad skills here just working with what I got. :D

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From the looks of the pictures, your slip yoke splines are exposed at full droop with those new springs... Might be time to lengthen that drive live ;)
True. I just had to replace the rear flange due to a busted all to hell u-joint. I just reinstalled the existing shaft even though it is a little tweeked from clanking around on the worn joints. It was a temporary fix to get the truck rolling again. It is in my list of things to replace.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.