TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,371 Posts
Happens about this time each year. Posts about ticking noises, creeks, problems shifting and tons of other stuff comes up when we start heading into winter. Just look around. There are a bunch of similar posts already starting.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Yep, have been noticing the same thing. People were complaining about the rear springs being loud, did not notice it until we went up to the mountains this weekend--lots of creak coming from the back now..
My old '84 sounded like rice krispies at -25*...

·
Banned
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in the cold mornings, i start up and let clutch out in neutral. i sometimes get a ratcheting sound, not very loud or fast, but i can only describe the sound as being like a chain hoping 3-4 teeth on a sprocket.

i dont know if its from the cold, but my lower a-arm bushings are starting to get annoying, their creaking is getting louder and louder.

i also get weird motor revs. i start up cold and the motor gets right into the 2200 rpm range, then about 30 sec later something engages and the revs drop to about 1500 for about 1 sec, then back up to ~2k rpm. this is the ecu doing it, but wtf is the sudden drop then back up again ??

·
Registered
235 Posts
So I did the block heater mod just because I leave my rig at remote sites sometimes and I also run all synthetic. I noticed that before it made more noises. Now with the temp change and the rig staying warmer it does not make as much noise. Just those normal noises.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yea my 2006 Tacoma dc off road package, sounds like I can hear a exhaust leak under the hood like the headers are not tight, it only has 2500 miles on it, aready has been back because the aligment was off right when I bought it. My last 2003 tacoma never had any problems , but I do like the new truck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
EMPIRE said:
in the cold mornings, i start up and let clutch out in neutral. i sometimes get a ratcheting sound, not very loud or fast, but i can only describe the sound as being like a chain hoping 3-4 teeth on a sprocket.
Yup, i hear that exact noise when i warm up my rig in the morning. I have no mods with only 600 miles in it. The only difference is that i live in GUAM, about 13 degrees north of the equator, and it never gos below 80 here. So i dont think it could be the weather.

Also, when i have my A/C on with the truck warmed up already. I hear something similar to an exhaust leak. Sounds like i have a cam in the rig already.

I hope i did not buy my Taco to early. Probally should of waited two more years to get it. :confused:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am taking my truck into the stealership tomorrow for this banging/creak. It is most noticealbe at low speeds when the wheel is turned going over bumps. You can actually feel the noise through the floor board. It is coming from the front drivers side.

I thought is was snow/ice caught in the sping/lower a-arm. Went to the coin car wash to blow it out, to no avail. I did wash out a basketball size ice and slush ball. But the creak is still there.

I can't figure out WTF it is. Any ideas?

Front end is bone stock, 30k miles, and 14 months old.

·
Registered
704 Posts
My engine has a whine to it.

Also noticed that the suspension has started makin noises.

I have found that if I turn the stereo up....the noises will go away! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a howl from 1st and 2nd gear at 2200 rpm.
im figuring all my noises and concerns are from the cold.
we will see this summer though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
everytime i turn it like just screams this bad noise. and when i drive it and the suspension gets hot it gets worse. and also when my socks move up they sqeek... than when it rains it goes away than comes back. i think i need to just have everything greased really well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts