TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up 4, 16x10, 6 on 5.5, 4.5 inch backspace Weld Scorpio forged aluminum wheels off ebay for $350. They look to be in good shape, but they are polished, and looking a little oxsidized (sp ? ). What I'm wondering is can I have them powder coated black? Is this going to cost a bundle, I've got no idea how much to p c 4 wheels.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Why would you want to?! The Scorpio Vs are one of Welds nicest older models. I say spend half the money to get them all cleaned & polished up... I know powder-coating is about expensive... atleast a few hundred to get all four done. Well, thats just my two cents.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ask around locally.....I have a guy here the charges 40 a wheel,sandblast and powder coat...has a system and small oven in his garage

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking that I like black wheels, but maybe I should just pick up one of those flitz polishing balls and see what I end up with. Might just look to bling for my taste, I don't know

·
Registered
622 Posts
if u wanted black wheels why didnt u just buy some wheelers offroad wheels for less than $350 and they are brand new. now ur taking a $350 wheels and gonna pay $200 to have them powder coated black. just polish them up and roll with what you paid for imo.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
not to piss anyone off but i think those rims arnt the best looking, i vote for powdercoating them black all the way!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just picked up 4, 16x10, 6 on 5.5, 4.5 inch backspace Weld Scorpio forged aluminum wheels off ebay for $350. They look to be in good shape, but they are polished, and looking a little oxsidized (sp ? ). What I'm wondering is can I have them powder coated black? Is this going to cost a bundle, I've got no idea how much to p c 4 wheels.
gadzooks, that's a good deal. those older style welds do lose their shine rather quickly and don't take very well to hard water (or salt water).
still for $350, i'd say you really made out! my pops likes his flitz power ball, and i use the mothers ball on my welds regularly, cuts polish time down to like 5 minutes a wheel. before you drop the coin for powdercoating, try giving them a once over - if the rims are too shiny, at least the powdercoat guy will have a cleaner surface to start off with, and you'll end up with a better finish.

i always kinda wondered how these rims would look with just the face powdercoated, and the dish kept polished....

post those pics when you've finished! contrats on your e-bay find!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel like I made out great with these wheels. They are not the V model, they are just Scorpios, seem to have more aluminum to them. Sold for $300 each new!. I'm going to polish them up and see what I get, I'll post pics, but I'm a computer idiot, it always tells me my pictures are to big and they don't come out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts